Bike Accident Lawyer in the Bronx
Bike Accidents in the BronxEven in harsh weather, some New Yorkers still ride bikes every day. From students cycling to school to delivery workers, bicycles are a common mode of transportation in every borough of the city. As one could imagine, bicycle accidents in New York City happen at a more frequent rate than in smaller cities. This is probably due to the city’s large population and heavy traffic. Unfortunately, negligence often plays a part in these accidents in one way or another. Accidents can result in damages to your bicycle, physical injuries, and even death. In these cases, you may have the legal right to petition for financial compensation from a negligent party.
Steps to Take in the Aftermath of a Bicycle Accident in the BronxIn the aftermath of a bike accident, it is crucial to address your health above all else. If you suffered any injuries, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Not only can this prevent your injuries from exacerbating over time, but it can also create a paper trail that may be helpful in your case. Immediately following your accident, you should take the following steps:
- Contact law enforcement so you can file a formal report with the police.
- Take videos and pictures to document the accident scene.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with other people involved in the accident.
- Obtain the contact information of anyone that was around to witness the accident.
- Seek medical attention and follow your doctor’s orders.
- Take notes of any details you can remember from the accident, your injuries, and how your life has been affected in the aftermath.
- Refrain from making any social media posts.
- Speak with a lawyer prior to signing any documents or speaking with the insurance company.
Bicycle Accident InjuriesAs one might expect, bicycle accidents can lead to a wide array of injuries that vary in severity. Injuries one may suffer in a Bronx bicycle accident include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Fractures and joint injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Organ damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Causes of Bike Accidents in the Bronx AreaThe next step in the process is identifying the cause of your bicycle accident. In much the same way that there are a variety of injuries one could suffer from a bicycle accident, there are also a number of things that may have caused it. These causes include:
- Aggressive drivers
- Distracted drivers
- “Dooring” or opening a car door into a cyclist passing down a bike lane
- Vehicles drifting into the bike lane
- Intoxicated drivers
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Illegal or unsafe turns or passing
- Traffic violations
Types of Damages You May Claim After a Bronx Bike AccidentOur attorneys at Shulman & Hill specialize in personal injury cases like bicycle accidents. They can take the time to gather and review the evidence and familiarize themselves with the details of your accident. This allows them to properly negotiate a fair amount of compensation based on your injuries. An attorney can help you pursue compensation for the following reasons:
- Damage to your property
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Future medical care
- Long-term care
- Loss of your loved one (wrongful death cases)
- Lost wages
- Physical therapy
- Reduced abilities
Why Work With Shulman & Hill?Many people are lucky enough to walk away from a Bronx bike accident with just a few bumps and bruises. Unfortunately, not everyone is this fortunate. If you or a loved one were injured in a bike injury accident, give the professionals at Shulman & Hill a call to schedule your free legal consultation. We can listen to your story, review the facts, and advise you on how to move forward. Together, we can help you get back on your feet after your injury.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 400 million dollars won