Bronx Dog Bite Lawyer
Owning a dog comes with certain responsibilities to help ensure the welfare of the animal as well as the safety of those who may come close to it. While most dogs are friendly companions that are safe for even the smallest child to be around, they do have the potential to inflict severe injuries if they feel threatened and act aggressively towards the humans around them.
If you were bitten or attacked by another person’s dog in the Bronx, you may be entitled to compensation for the harm you may have suffered. Contact a Bronx dog bite lawyer at Shulman & Hill to learn more about your rights to possible compensation. Our Bronx law firm offers free, no-risk legal obligations.
Common Injuries Caused by Dog Bites and Attacks
Dog bite injuries can be severe and sometimes even fatal. According to the CDC, nearly one in five dog bite injuries require medical treatment.
Those common complications and injuries that may arise after a Bronx dog bite include the following:
- Puncture wounds
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Muscle and ligament tears
- Avulsion (occurs when skin and tissue is torn from the body)
One of the primary concerns for individuals who have been bitten by dogs is the risk of possible infection. Even if a bite seems minor at first if the open wound becomes infected it can become incredibly dangerous. Any bite should be cleaned immediately to prevent infection from occurring. Signs of a possibly infected bite wound include redness, swelling, skin that is warm to the touch, and fever.
Am I Entitled to Compensation After a Bronx Dog Bite Injury?
If you were bitten by another person’s dog, in most cases you may be entitled to compensation for medical treatment for your injuries.
In order to receive compensation for any types of losses other than your medical expenses, filing a personal injury lawsuit is typically necessary.
You may have a potential lawsuit against the party that was harboring the dog. Most often in these cases, it will be necessary to show that the dog had a prior history of aggressive behavior, such as previous incidents of biting or attacking in the past.
A successful dog bite lawsuit can result in compensation for:
- Past and future medical care: including hospital bills, medications, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, and more
- Loss or reduction in wages if your injury prevents you from working
- Pain and suffering
Pursuing Justice After a Fatal Bronx Dog Attack
If a dog attack causes fatal injuries, the loved ones of the victim may be able to pursue justice by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. This may result in compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Conscious pain and suffering
- Loss of parental support for minors
- Loss of financial support
While no amount of compensation can bring back your loved one and fill the sudden hole in your life, it may help ensure you and your family have the financial resources you need for the future. It can also help hold negligent parties accountable to help prevent similar attacks from happening to others in the future. Contact our accidental death lawyers to find out if you may be eligible to file a lawsuit.
Why Should I Hire a Bronx Dog Bites Lawyer?
A Bronx dog bites lawyer can help protect your rights to compensation after a dog attack and help simplify the litigation process for you.
Specifically, a Bronx dog bite attorney can help with the following:
- Investigating your attack: This includes gathering evidence that shows the circumstances surrounding your attack, from whether or not the dog was restrained at the time they bit you to any aggressive behavior and incidents in the dog’s past
- Building and filing a strong lawsuit: A lawyer will use the evidence they have gathered to build a strong case for compensation on your behalf.
- Representing your best interests in negotiations with insurers: Attorneys at a qualified dog bite law firm will fight for the maximum amount of compensation you may be entitled to for your injuries. If an insurer refuses to compensate you appropriately, a Bronx dog bite lawyer can fight for you in trial.
Contact Our Bronx Dog Bite Lawyers Today
A dog attack can be an incredibly traumatizing event. At Shulman & Hill, we are committed to making the process of pursuing justice and compensation as easy as possible so that you can focus on healing.
Few Bronx law firms can match our depth of expertise. Our lawyers have recovered more than $300 million for injured New Yorkers. We fight for every client like they are a member of our family, and we will do the same for you.
To get started, schedule a free legal consultation to see if you may qualify for compensation. Our legal team will review the details of your case at no risk or cost to you.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won
Our History of Success