Bronx Forklift Accident Lawyer
Though small, forklifts have the potential to cause serious harm if misused. If your work involves operating a forklift, you already know the importance of prioritizing both your own safety and the safety of your coworkers when using such machinery. Even if a worker conducts themself in a responsible manner when operating a forklift, they may still be injured in an accident.
Have you or a loved one in the Bronx been injured in a forklift accident? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Review your case with a lawyer to learn more about your options. At Shulman & Hill, our Bronx forklift accident lawyers are prepared to help you pursue the compensation you may be entitled to. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.
What You Need to Know About Bronx Forklift Accidents
Do not underestimate the potential severity of a forklift accident: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, forklift accidents claimed the lives of 614 American workers over the course of six years. Data also indicates that these accidents leave nearly 10,000 workers a year with injuries that are severe enough to prevent them from returning to work, at least temporarily.
Examples of common Bronx forklift accidents include–but are not necessarily limited to–the following:
- Loads falling off forklifts and striking nearby workers or pedestrians
- Forklift operators accidentally hitting coworkers or pinning them against other machinery
- Electrocutions from contact with power lines
- Falls from heights
- Forklifts overturning and injuring those driving or walking nearby
Common Causes of Bronx Forklift Accidents
There are many reasons a forklift accident can occur, even with safety guidelines in place. Some examples are:
- Failure to properly maintain forklifts
- Overloading forklifts
- Failure to properly train forklift operators
- Failure to hire qualified forklift operators
- Lack of sufficient safety equipment
- Failure to communicate safety guidelines
- Failure to address dangerous conditions at worksites
Injuries you may sustain if you are ever involved in a Bronx forklift accident can be extremely severe, leading to paralysis, loss of limbs, and even death. Some of them include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head trauma
Potential Losses After a Bronx Forklift Accident
The severity of injuries you sustain in a Bronx forklift accident will depend on the nature of the accident itself, but you will almost certainly need some degree of medical treatment in the aftermath.
Due to the unexpected nature of the incident, the costs of your medical treatment can strain your finances. While seeing a doctor immediately after the accident is highly important, you may also require ongoing treatment such as physical therapy or even surgery.
Your injuries and prolonged medical care may prevent you from working. Whether this is a temporary or permanent setback, you will likely lose your primary source of income, which will make paying for medical bills even more of a challenge.
These are some of the losses a skilled attorney will review before helping you pursue compensation. A Bronx forklift attorney can guide you through the process and help you pursue the compensation you may be entitled to.
How Our Bronx Forklift Accident Law Firm Can Help
In New York, employers should have workers’ compensation insurance to cover injured employees’ losses but in order to recover a fair amount of compensation, one may need to negotiate with the insurance carrier and provide sufficient evidence that proves their claim is valid.
Like any other business, insurance companies may not be inclined to pay injured workers right away. After you file a claim, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer may try to deny your claim by arguing that:
- Your accident was not genuinely work-related
- You intentionally caused the accident to earn a payout
To help prevent the likelihood of a denied or undervalued claim, our Bronx forklift accident lawyers can help you build a strong case by thoroughly investigating the accident. We can gather the necessary evidence to show insurers’ that you have a right to workers’ compensation benefits.
An experienced law firm can also assist by:
- Reviewing all of your losses. Our team can review all your losses, including past and future medical bills and lost wages, to help negotiate a fair settlement. Insurance companies may only look to compensate you for your short-term losses.
- Investigating potential negligence: If you suspect that a third party, like a property owner or contractor, contributed to your accident by failing to provide essential safety equipment or a similar act of negligence, an attorney can gather evidence in support of your claim. In these cases, you may be able to pursue additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Negotiation. Our Bronx forklift attorneys can help negotiate with the insurer on your behalf for a fair settlement. A lawyer can make sure an insurer does not force you to accept an unreasonably low payout.
- Handling correspondence. Communicating with the insurance company and other relevant parties can be an intimidating task. Our legal team can take care of this for you.
- Administrative tasks. The team at Shulman & Hill can handle all administrative tasks on your behalf, from filing paperwork to finding and presenting evidence of your losses. This allows you to focus on what is most important in the aftermath of a Bronx forklift accident: your recovery.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill?
It is not difficult to find lawyers in the Bronx who promise to deliver results. At Shulman & Hill though, we have a proven track record of success having worked with numerous clients injured in industrial settings. In fact, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients over the years.
Our personalized approach has helped injured clients just like yourself to recover their losses. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. We are happy to answer any questions about your case.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won