Bronx Lyft Accident Lawyer
Rideshare companies like Lyft are a popular mode of transportation throughout the Bronx. However, when an accident occurs, injured passengers may be confused about their options for compensation.
Our Bronx Lyft accident lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients throughout New York City. We can guide you through the steps of filing a Lyft accident lawsuit to recover compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills, and more. Get started with a free, no-obligation legal consultation today.
Common Causes of Bronx Lyft Accidents
Driving in New York City, including in the Bronx, is a skill unto itself. Navigating one-way streets, hordes of pedestrians and bicyclists crossing the street, and near-constant traffic pose numerous obstacles for drivers.
Any Bronx driver is expected to exercise a reasonable degree of caution and care when behind the wheel. When they do not and an accident occurs, injured motorists and passengers may be entitled to compensation.
Below are some common types of driver errors that may result in a Bronx Lyft accident:
- Failure to obey traffic signals, such as running red lights
- Distracted driving, including looking at the Lyft app or messaging customers: In a recent survey, 29% of rideshare passengers reported seeing their Uber or Lyft drivers text behind the wheel.
- Reckless driving, including tailgating or cutting off other vehicles
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Where Are Lyft Crashes Most Likely to Happen in the Bronx?
According to 2016 data on all motor vehicle accidents throughout New York City, these are the most dangerous Bronx intersections that report some of the most crashes:
- East 138th Street and Alexander Avenue
- East Fordham Road and Southern Boulevard
Both of these intersections report an average of 100 crashes every year.
Possible Bronx Lyft Accident Injuries
When a Lyft crashes, any involved passengers and drivers may suffer from one or more of the following injuries that are common to any motor vehicle accident:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Hearing or vision loss
Sometimes Lyft accident injuries are fatal. In the event of a fatal Bronx Lyft crash, loved ones may be entitled to pursue an accidental death lawsuit to recover compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and more.
Am I Entitled to Compensation After a Bronx Lyft Accident?
Injured Lyft passengers may be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit if it can be shown that another driver or individual was at-fault for the accident and the resulting injuries. A Lyft accident lawsuit may help recover compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering: Lyft accident injuries can permanently alter a survivor’s life and prevent them from enjoying the activities they once did. While no amount of money can change this, it can ensure that individuals are more comfortable and justice is served
- Medical bills: This includes relevant hospital stays, surgeries, medications, doctor’s visits, and more.
- Reduction in wages: If an injury prevents an individual from working temporarily or permanently, or if the injury requires that they find alternative work at a lower salary, they may be able to recover this loss in earnings
Why Should I Hire a Bronx Lyft Accident Lawyer?
A qualified personal injury attorney can be instrumental in helping you and your family after a Lyft car crash. They can help you in the following ways:
- Identifying your best options for pursuing compensation: This includes identifying any potentially negligent drivers and parties who may have caused the accident
- Helping you gather evidence showing how you were injured: This will help build a strong claim for compensation
- Filing a lawsuit and other relevant legal documents: Your attorney will help ensure you meet any relevant filing deadlines
- Negotiate on your behalf for fair compensation: Sometimes an insurance company may try to limit the amount of money they pay you. Your Bronx Lyft accident attorney will be your best advocate to ensure you are compensated fairly
Contact a Bronx Lyft Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a Lyft crash in the Bronx, you need an attorney that has an intimate knowledge of the laws relevant to rideshare accidents and the skills necessary to fight for the highest amount of compensation possible for your losses.
Shulman & Hill is a premier New York City injury law firm. We have recovered more than $250 million for injured clients throughout New York City. Our consultations are 100% free and you pay nothing unless we recover compensation for you. Schedule your free legal consultation today.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 250 million dollars won