Work Injury Lawyer in Bronx
Each industry comes with its own unique hazards that could cause workers to suffer an injury while on the job. If you sustain such an injury, you have options. A Shulman & Hill work injury lawyer in the Bronx can explain them to you.
To our team, every case is personal. No matter how complicated your situation is or the types of compensation you qualify to pursue, we can help you. We have experience helping our clients file workers’ compensation claims and personal injury lawsuits.
Call Shulman & Hill today at (555) 555-5555 to learn more or to schedule your free case review.
What Does a Work Injury Lawyer From Shulman & Hill Do?
The Bronx workers’ compensation lawyers at Shulman & Hill can build a case to help clients recover compensation. We may assist you by:
- Providing you with an over-the-phone case review at no charge
- Collecting evidence to make your case stronger
Throughout the process, we offer you legal advice about seeking compensation after your workplace injury. If you can file a personal injury lawsuit, our personal injury lawyer in the Bronx can:
- Investigate your case, so we know exactly what happened
- Collect evidence to support your lawsuit
- Identify the party or parties who caused your injury
- Contact the liable party and their representatives so you do not have to handle these communications
- Fight hard to get you fair reimbursement
When you file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits, our lawyers can:
- Alert all of the involved parties about your injury and about your claim for benefits
- Collect evidence to prove your injury is work-related and that the injury entitles you to the benefits you are seeking
- Speak with your employer or their insurance company to clarify your claim or work out any disagreements
Finally, if you qualify to file both a lawsuit and a workers’ compensation claim, we would be happy to assist you with both cases. This is a big convenience and time-saver for you, as you would not have to hire two separate law firms to handle the separate aspects of your case.
What Work Injury Compensation Can You Receive?
There is a difference between filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits and filing a lawsuit. For example:
Filing a Claim for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
You can typically receive two main types of benefits in a workers’ compensation claim: lost income and medical bills. These benefits could:
- Provide you with the money you need to cover your medical costs
- Compensate you for a portion of your usual income
- Enable you to stay home from work until you recover
If you file a wrongful death claim for a lost loved one, you and your family may qualify for survivors’ benefits, which could help you pay for various end-of-life expenses.
Compensation You May Receive from a Lawsuit
You could also recover compensation for medical expenses and lost income through a personal injury lawsuit. This could make up for the rest of your lost income and help you pay for future medical treatments.
However, unlike a workers’ compensation claim, which provides compensation only for financial losses, a lawsuit enables you to seek damages for pain and suffering. This means the liable party does not just pay for your financial losses but for the physical suffering you experienced, as well.
There Are Time Limits for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Generally, you must file a lawsuit within three years of the injury, according to CPLR § 214. According to the New York Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), you must notify your employer of the injury within 30 days and file a claim with the WCB within two years.
While there may be circumstances that could affect these deadlines, you should get started on your case as soon as you can. Doing so could:
- Allow us to find evidence that supports your case
- Show a stronger connection between the workplace incident and your injury
When you work with our work injury lawyer in the Bronx, we will explain any deadlines that could apply to your case.
Preventing Work Injuries in the Bronx
Depending on what kind of job you have, you may face many different risks. For example:
- Healthcare workers may be exposed to dangerous diseases, slip on wet spots in commonly used walkways, or develop an overuse injury such as repetitive stress injury.
- Construction workers may risk a crane or scaffolding accident or be hit by falling objects.
- Industrial workers could face dangerous chemical exposure, fires, or explosions.
- Manual laborers could suffer injuries caused by falling heavy objects, a fall from a height, or a machinery accident, for example, with a forklift.
- Workers could experience vision loss due to welding accidents or a lack of protective equipment.
- Drivers could be injured in a car accident while working.
There are ways to minimize your risk of suffering these types of injuries—for example, your employer could provide quality work materials and safety training. If any of these workplace rules were violated, it could help your case.
Unfortunately, even if you are always as careful as possible while on the job, you could still get injured if:
- A contractor you work with does not fulfill the terms of their contract
- A piece of equipment you use breaks or malfunctions
- The owner of the property you work on is aware of unsafe practices and does nothing to stop them
Shulman & Hill will evaluate your case when you reach out to us. No matter how your workplace injury happened, we can help you seek the compensation to which you are entitled.
We Represent Union Workers
Whether you are a union member or not, Shulman & Hill is dedicated to defending the rights of injured workers.
We often work with:
- tunnel workers
- utility workers
- construction workers
- hospital workers
- workers from the industrial and manufacturing sector
Call Shulman & Hill at (555) 555-5555 to find out how our work injury lawyers can assist you with your case. We have helped thousands of New Yorkers recover more than $300 million in injury and damages compensation. We are New York’s premier personal injury law firm, and we take every case personally.
Get started with a free case consultation today.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 400 million dollars won