New York Uber Accident Lawyer
In recent years, it has become easier to travel throughout New York due to the convenience of rideshare companies. Uber lets New Yorkers find comfortable rides quicker than ever, reducing the need to purchase a car.
Just like any motor vehicle, Ubers are at risk of being involved in accidents. In some instances, an Uber ride could result in a trip to the hospital if an accident and your injuries are severe enough. You may deserve to be compensated for your losses if this occurs. Our New York Uber accident lawyers at Shulman & Hill can help you determine and pursue the compensation you may be entitled to.
Potential Consequences of a New York Uber Accident
Any type of car accident can potentially leave you with significant injuries. The struggles you may face as a result of your injuries may be wide-ranging. The following are merely a few noteworthy examples:
- Medical bills. A significant injury will likely require treatment. You should not have to pay for said medical assistance when you were injured due to someone else‘s negligence.
- Lost wages. Depending on the severity of your injuries, it may be difficult or impossible for you to fulfill your duties at work. This may be temporary or permanent. If you cannot work, you most likely cannot make a living and earn a paycheck, resulting in financial losses.
- Limited mobility or paralysis. Spinal cord injuries are particularly likely to cause such problems.
- Cognition, memory, and emotional regulation problems resulting from head injuries.
When you are involved in an Uber accident due to another party‘s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for such losses. Pursuing compensation can be complex, and enlisting the help of a personal injury law firm in New York can be extremely beneficial.
New York Uber Accidents: Common Causes
New York Uber accidents can happen for a variety of reasons:
- An Uber driver was not obeying the rules of the road.
- An Uber driver was intoxicated.
- An Uber driver was not qualified to drive in certain conditions. Unfortunately, reports indicate that Uber does not offer its drivers sufficient training. In a busy state such as New York where safely navigating the congested roads can be more difficult than it is in other parts of the country, an Uber driver may not have the skills necessary to get you to your destination safely.
- You encountered hazardous conditions because those responsible for maintaining the road were negligent.
- A vehicle defect caused an accident.
- Another driver was negligent.
There are potential scenarios in which another party may be responsible for providing the compensation you may be entitled to. Perhaps the accident occurred due to a poorly maintained road. If that is the case, those who failed to maintain the road may be responsible for compensating you.
Pursuing Compensation After a New York Uber Accident
It is not always immediately clear whose negligence caused a New York Uber accident. That is why it can be beneficial to conduct a thorough investigation. You can only secure compensation if you are aware of who the potentially liable parties are.
This is one of many reasons it can be helpful to hire a New York Uber accident attorney. At our Uber accident law firm, we have both the expertise and resources necessary to investigate your accident. We can review surveillance footage, police reports, and more to identify the negligent party.
Once you know who the negligent party may be, you may seek compensation by filing a claim. The negligent party’s insurer may not be incentivized to compensate you fairly and may prioritize their own financial interests. They may deny your claim entirely if they believe they can successfully argue they are not responsible for compensating you in these circumstances.
Even if an insurer is willing to compensate you, they might not always offer a fair payout initially. To better your chances of reaching a fair settlement with an insurance company, you should hire a New York Uber accident lawyer. The attorneys at Shulman & Hill have the skills and experience necessary to negotiate and recover necessary compensation while you focus on your health.
The Role of Your New York Uber Accident Lawyer
Investigating your accident to determine whose negligence may have caused your injuries is just one way we help. We can assist with the following tasks as well:
- Providing evidence showing that another party’s negligence caused your accident.
- Gathering evidence to show why you are entitled to the amount of compensation you are seeking.
- Filing paperwork by the relevant deadlines.
- Helping you identify low settlement offers from insurers. In fact, an attorney can typically handle all major correspondence with an insurance company for you. This gives you more freedom to focus on your recovery.
- Filing a lawsuit if you cannot reach a fair settlement agreement, and fiercely representing you in a trial if an insurance company refuses to fairly compensate you.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill When You Need a New York Uber Accident Lawyer?
Not all personal injury lawyers in New York are qualified to handle your case. You need to be confident that you have hired an Uber accident attorney who knows how to help you secure a fair amount of compensation.
That is why we do not simply promise to deliver a positive outcome. Our past results show we are qualified to help you. We can offer you the same aggressive representation and support throughout the legal process that we have offered to each of our injured clients. Call us today at (555) 555-5555 or contact us online to learn more.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 400 million dollars won