New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
It is crucial that motorcyclists exercise caution on the streets of New York. Because motorcycles lack the protection of a metal frame, riders are more exposed to hazards. As a result, they run a greater risk of sustaining serious injuries in an accident. Even if you are a cautious and responsible motorcyclist, you cannot control the decisions of other drivers and you could still be injured in a New York motorcycle accident.
If you find yourself in a motorcycle accident, contacting an attorney can help. At Shulman & Hill, our New York motorcycle accident attorneys are prepared to help you pursue compensation for your losses and damages.
What You Need to Know about New York Motorcycle Accidents
The notion that motorcyclists are more likely to be involved in collisions is no myth. Research indicates that motorcyclists are 27 times more likely than other drivers to die if they are involved in an accident.
The following are some of the reasons why:
- Unlike car or truck drivers, motorcyclists are not protected by a steel frame.
- A vehicle with two wheels is typically less stable than one with four wheels.
- Motorcycles are lighter than other vehicles. This makes it far easier to lose control in a collision.
- Because motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles, drivers frequently have difficulty spotting them on the road.
- Poor road conditions pose a greater risk to motorcyclists than they do to others.
New York Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists fortunate enough to survive collisions are often left with injuries that can have a significant impact on their finances and quality of life. Common injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Road rash: Motorcyclists often sustain road rash when they are thrown from their vehicles. If their skin contacts the surface of the road, it may strip away. Although the long-term consequences of road rash are usually not as severe as those of other common motorcycle accident injuries, road rash can still cause significant pain.
- Spinal cord injuries: A spinal cord injury may permanently alter a motorcyclist’s life. These dangerous injuries can lead to paralysis.
- Head injuries: Head injuries may cause a range of issues like memory loss and mental health difficulties. Although helmets can protect motorcyclists from these injuries, they are not foolproof.
- Arm & leg injuries: It is very common for motorcyclists to sustain arm and/or leg injuries in accidents.
Serious injuries can require costly medical treatment. They can also prevent someone from temporarily or permanently returning to work. Depending on the severity of the injuries, they may also result in long-term limited mobility and other such issues. Depending on their line of work, severe injuries can prevent an injured party from earning a paycheck.
You may be entitled to compensation for your losses if you are injured in a New York motorcycle accident. Although you may consider representing yourself, enlisting the help of a skilled motor vehicle accident lawyer in New York may be more effective.
Important Information about New York Motorcycle Accident Laws
New York’s motor vehicle accident laws are somewhat unique when compared to those of other states. New York is a no-fault state. This means that when someone is involved in a car accident, their own insurer is responsible for compensating them for their losses—even if someone else’s negligence caused the accident.
However, the law is different for motorcyclists. In New York, motorcycles are considered to be “inherently dangerous” from a legal perspective. Thus, these no-fault laws do not apply to motorcyclists. In the case of a motorcycle accident, the injured victims’ sole recourse may be to seek compensation from negligent parties.
Every case is unique. Since the law is so complex, it may be beneficial to consult with an experienced attorney after a motorcycle accident.
Why You Need a New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There is no guarantee you will secure the compensation you are pursuing after a New York motorcycle accident. That is why coordinating with a motorcycle accident law firm in New York can be beneficial. The following are just some of the ways a New York motorcycle accident attorney can help:
- Factoring in all relevant losses to pursue fair compensation.
- Investigating the accident to determine the negligent party. This is not always as clear-cut as you may assume. For example, while accidents are often the result of another driver’s negligence, they can also be the result of negligence on the part of the government agency assigned to maintain safe road conditions.
- Collecting evidence to prove your injuries were the result of someone else’s negligence.
- Negotiating with the insurer of the negligent party. Keep in mind, insurers may try to make subpar offers to claimants. Some insurers may even employ a range of tactics to avoid compensating victims properly. A lawyer will be familiar with those tactics and can help you counter them.
- Handling all other correspondence with the insurance company. This allows you to focus on your recovery.
How Shulman & Hill’s New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Help
Choosing the right personal injury law firm in New York should not be stressful. We understand that the process of selecting an attorney can be overwhelming. Some lawyers may claim that they have the expertise necessary to guarantee a fair settlement or a victory in the courtroom.
Experienced attorneys are aware that they cannot always deliver on these promises. Instead of making empty claims, our team at Shulman & Hill can reference our past successes and review your case for free. To learn more about our firm and schedule a free consultation, call us today at (555) 555-5555.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 400 million dollars won