Burn Injury Lawyers in NYC
Burn injuries are excruciating and traumatic, sometimes causing lifelong disfigurement and disability. You may seek financial compensation when you suffer a burn injury because of someone’s reckless or careless behavior.
At Shulman & Hill, our burn injury lawyers in NYC are committed to helping burn victims recover damages from the at-fault parties. Our team can provide a free consultation to help you determine your best legal options.
NYC Burn Injuries Can Create Serious Long-Term Challenges
Even with immediate intensive care, burns can cause significant pain, scarring, and disability. Studies show that burn victims can suffer persistent difficulties following a burn injury. Long-term effects of a burn may include:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Difficulty regulating body temperature
- Extreme pain and itching
- Difficulty sleeping
- Tightened tissues from burn scarring and damage
- Limited and reduced mobility
In addition, burn victims are more likely to contract infections while healing from their injuries. Severe burn injuries can also create significant psychosocial barriers that affect your ability to work and engage in everyday activities like riding the subway, running errands, or caring for your family.
If your burns are someone else’s fault, you can file a claim against those responsible. Shulman & Hill can help you seek justice and compensation for your losses.
Establishing Responsibility For a Burn Injury in NYC
When you suffer burn injuries because of another person’s behavior, you could file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against them. Establishing fault is a critical first step in this process. Shulman & Hill can investigate the details of your NYC burn injury case to determine who is fundamentally responsible for your injuries.
Others who could be responsible for burn injuries include:
- A business or manager who fails to apply proper workplace safety standards
- A property owner or manager who fails to maintain and repair heating equipment, electrical appliances, and other equipment that poses a fire risk
- A car manufacturer or distributor that fails to recall faulty batteries, wiring, and other equipment that may catch fire
- A product manufacturer that fails to post appropriate warnings and usage instructions on dangerous chemicals
- A contractor who fails to use chemicals appropriately per posted instructions and warnings
- A motor vehicle operator who causes an accident that results in a fire
- A truck driver who fails to safely operate a vehicle carrying flammable materials
- A person or entity that fails to take appropriate precautions when transporting and storing flammable or explosive materials such as compressed gas
We understand burn injury cases can be complicated and overwhelming for recovering victims. Let us use our extensive knowledge and resources to investigate your claim while you focus on recovering your health.
You Deserve Fair Compensation After a New York City Burn Injury
When you suffer injuries because of another person’s carelessness, you have a legal right to pursue compensation from the at-fault party. A personal injury lawyer familiar with NYC burn injury cases can help.
Shulman & Hill can seek maximum compensation for losses associated with your burn injuries.
Our dedicated team can guide you through the entire process. We can actively pursue justice from all responsible parties to ensure you have the financial remuneration needed to reestablish your life.
Successfully Defending the Rights of Burn Injury Victims Throughout NYC
Shulman & Hill is an established personal injury law firm serving clients throughout the five boroughs and New York state. We offer personalized legal representation with the resources of a large NYC firm. Regardless of your case’s complexity, you can rely on our team to seek the best possible outcome for your burn injury case.
We Have Recovered More Than $300 Million for Our Injury Clients
At Shulman & Hill, our team understands that a burn injury can have debilitating long-term consequences. We aim to secure maximum compensation so you do not have to bear the financial implications during your treatment and recovery.
We have successfully pursued millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our injury clients in NYC. Our team can apply the same winning tactics to your burn injury case for the compensation you deserve.
We Take NYC Burn Injury Cases on Contingency
When you suffer a severe burn injury, you may face significant financial difficulties while you undergo treatment and therapy. We take burn injury cases for a contingency fee to help reduce your financial stress. You pay nothing upfront for our legal representation. If we do not win, you pay nothing for our services.
Sound Legal Support Throughout Your NYC Burn Injury Claim
When you work with Shulman & Hill, you receive support from a legal team with decades of combined experience in NYC injury law. We examine the evidence during your initial consultation and listen to your story. If we take your case, we will immediately begin gathering evidence.
Steps we may take to support your burn injury claim include:
- Compiling documentation of your injuries, such as medical records
- Gathering proof of fault, such as photos, videos, and witness statements
- Determining the full scope of the damages you suffered
- Submitting a demand letter to the responsible party and their insurance provider
- Negotiating a fair settlement for your burn injuries
- Representing you in hearings and at trial
No matter how complicated the case, we are quick to pursue giant companies and insurance agencies to secure the best possible outcome for our clients. If we take your case, we will actively pursue maximum compensation for your losses against even the most stubborn opposition.
Filing a Lawsuit Against the Liable Parties
New York’s statute of limitations typically gives you three years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit. This time may vary depending on the circumstances of your case, so it is best to reach out to an attorney immediately.
Shulman & Hill is keenly aware of legal deadlines and filing requirements, and we make sure you meet those deadlines so you don’t lose your right to compensation.
Types of Burn Injuries You Could Suffer in NYC
More than 400,000 people are admitted to US emergency rooms each year for burn injuries, according to recent studies. Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the most common burns are thermal, chemical, and electrical.
Thermal burns occur upon exposure to hot temperatures. They may occur when the victim encounters flames, a hot surface, or a hot liquid. Thermal burns can happen anywhere with high-temperature surfaces or materials. Some causes of thermal burns include:
- Scalds from hot beverage spills
- Burns from direct contact with fire or flame
- Extremely hot water from a water heater, faucet, or other devices
- Hot grease or oil splashes
- Sunburns from extended UV exposure
- Explosions from compressed gas, cooking equipment, gas tanks, and other equipment
The CDC indicates that victims usually suffer thermal burns at home or work, but such injuries are possible anywhere heat exposure occurs.
A chemical burn happens when you touch a harsh chemical that damages the skin and deeper tissues. Substances that can cause chemical burns include:
- Gasoline and diesel fuel
- Battery acid and other strong acids
- Bleach and other strong bases
- Paint thinner
- Harsh cleaning chemicals and disinfectants
You can sustain a chemical burn whenever you are exposed to harsh substances, whether at home, at work, or elsewhere.
Electrical burns often occur in workplaces where workers use electrical appliances and tools. They can happen with any exposure to electrical current. Some causes of electrical burns include:
- Downed or ungrounded power lines
- Faulty electrical outlets and wiring
- Ungrounded electrical tools and appliances
- Water pooling around cords, outlets, and other electrical equipment
Whether your injury occurred due to hot materials, chemicals, or electrical current, you should not have to pay for the results of someone else’s carelessness. Consult with our compassionate burn injury lawyers in NYC to learn how to seek financial recovery.
Contact Our NYC Burn Injury Lawyers For Your Free Case Evaluation
Whether you suffered burn injuries in a car accident, a workplace incident, or on another’s property, you do not have to suffer these challenges alone. Contact the compassionate legal team at Shulman & Hill at 866.880.0645 to discuss your burn injury claim.
During your free case review, one of our burn injury attorneys will review the facts of your case and help you decide your next steps. Every case is personal to us, and we are here to help.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won
Our History of Success