Plane accidents can result in devastating and sometimes fatal injuries. Bronx residents who are injured while flying in or out from LaGuardia, JFK, Newark, or another nearby airport may be eligible to pursue legal action against the airlines and other entities that may have contributed to their accident.
If you or a loved one were injured while flying, contact one of our Bronx plane accident lawyers for help. Shulman & Hill offers free legal consultations during which we can help you determine whether or not you may be eligible for compensation.
Bronx Plane Accident Injuries
Plane crashes can result in catastrophic injuries including the following:
- Severe burns caused by fires and explosions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
Unfortunately, some injuries may be fatal. If you lost a loved one in an aviation accident, contact our Bronx plane accident lawyers to see if you may be able to pursue justice on their behalf.
Common Causes of Bronx Plane Accidents
A plane accident can occur for a number of errors during the flight itself or sometimes well before passengers even board the plane.
The following are among the common causes of a plane crash:
- Pilot negligence: Including flying while intoxicated or taking unnecessary risks such as flying during dangerous weather
- Errors with air traffic control: Pilots rely on the instructions from air traffic controllers who oversee all flight traffic around an airport. If pilots receive poor instructions it may cause accidents on and near the runway. Errors can happen when air traffic controllers are overworked, tired, or fail to see planes in blind spots
- Poor maintenance: Airlines are responsible for ensuring their aircraft is as safe as possible. If they fail to properly inspect their aircraft, an undetected error may result in a potentially fatal crash
- Manufacturing defects: Sometimes a plane accident is caused by errors made well before the aircraft’s first flight. If a company designs or manufactures an inherently safe aircraft, it may be held responsible for any accidents that result
Other Types of Airport-Related Accidents
It is possible to be injured in other types of flying-related accidents that do not involve an actual crash. Bronx residents who are injured in the airport or on a plane may qualify for compensation.
Other flying-related accidents may include slips, trips, and falls in the airport or on an aircraft. Airlines and airport staff, including staff of businesses that rent space in airports, are required to maintain safe premises for travelers. This includes placing a caution sign around wet and slippery floors, addressing any loose carpeting or electrical cords, and removing other tripping hazards such as misplaced objects.
Airlines should also ensure that luggage is secured safely overhead prior to departure. Suitcases and similarly heavy objects that fall during turbulence can injure passengers below.
Filing a Bronx Plane Accident Lawsuit
In many cases, an airline, airport, plane manufacturer, or similar party may be held responsible for a plane accident and any resulting injuries and losses.
If you were injured while flying, our Bronx plane accident lawyers can help you file a lawsuit to recover compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses, including surgeries, hospital stays, physical therapy, medications, and more
- Loss of wages and future earning potential
- Loss of financial support in the event of a loved one’s death
- Funeral, memorial, and burial expenses
Contact a Bronx Plane Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a plane accident near the Bronx or if you lost a loved one in an aviation accident, you should be compensated for the losses and suffering you have endured as a result. The Bronx plane accident lawyers can help you pursue justice against any potentially responsible parties, such as the relevant airline.
Shulman & Hill has recovered more than $250 million for clients over the years. Our firm has the resources, expertise, and compassion to tackle complex plane accident cases. To see if you may qualify to file a lawsuit, schedule a free legal consultation with our Bronx office. It costs nothing upfront to hire us and if we do not win your case you owe us nothing.