Taxi Accident Lawyers in the Bronx
Taxis are an iconic part of life in New York, but they can cause just as much damage as any other vehicle when they become involved in a traffic accident. If you suffered injuries in a taxi collision, you could sue the at-fault party for monetary compensation.
At Shulman & Hill, our taxi accident lawyers in the Bronx can work hard to build a strong case and pursue the compensation you deserve. Find out more through a free case assessment by contacting our office at 866.932.5558.
Taxi Accident Lawsuits Can Help You Rebuild
Some people may be reluctant to start a lawsuit because, even if they know they need the money it could bring, they believe they cannot handle all of the work a legal action entails.
Our team wants you to know that we can do absolutely everything for you, from requesting documents like medical records to confronting the insurance company’s representatives face to face. While you focus on your recovery, we would be busy:
- Investigating the accident and collecting evidence to support your case
- Identifying the at-fault party or parties that you should seek compensation from
- Advising you on your options and how to make important legal decisions
- Pursuing compensation however we think best, whether that be negotiating a settlement or fighting in the courtroom for a jury award
- Completing paperwork and submitting forms and evidence
- Getting and staying in touch with everyone who is involved in the suit, including you, the at-fault party, and the various insurance companies
- Speaking with the at-fault party and their representatives in your stead and helping you figure out how to respond to any requests, offers, or statements they make
Paying for Legal Representation in the Bronx
Just as we do not want anyone to forego compensation because of the work involved, we do not want you to give up your right to damages because you are concerned about legal expenses.
Our taxi accident lawyers in the Bronx can make it easier to afford legal services by:
- Working for a contingency fee, which means you pay no attorney’s fees until after you get compensation
- Waiving our attorney’s fees if we cannot win compensation for you
- Having a member of our team provide you with a case review over the phone, free of charge and obligation
You Could Collect Taxi Accident Damages
When someone behaves recklessly on the road, their actions could affect not only themselves but also everyone around them. Whether you are a driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian, you could sustain serious injuries, including but not limited to:
- A concussion or a traumatic brain injury
- One or more bone fractures
- Muscle or nerve damage
- An amputated digit or limb
- The loss of a sense, such as sight
Such injuries may cost thousands of dollars to treat. In addition, while you’re undergoing treatment, you might be unable to earn enough money to pay for things your family needs.
For all of these reasons, you could be entitled to collect compensation for the following categories:
Pain and Suffering
You do not need anyone to tell you how painful and stressful your injuries are at both a physical and psychological level. Even aside from the money your injuries have cost you, your pain has taken a huge toll on your well-being. You deserve compensation for this unnecessary distress.
After any accident, the first thing you should do is get medical assistance for yourself, anyone in the car with you, and any injured parties in the other vehicle. Appropriate care could mean different things in different situations. For instance:
- If anyone is obviously seriously injured (e.g., they are bleeding heavily or have a broken bone), call 911 immediately.
- You can also call 911 if you just want to make sure that everyone in your party is all right and in no danger.
- If you feel you can wait long enough to see your regular doctor instead of going to the ER, make an appointment with your primary care provider as soon as possible.
The more serious your injuries are, the longer you may require treatment and the more expensive that treatment may get. A lawsuit could cover any treatment that your doctor deems necessary for you to recover as fully as possible.
Serious injuries can keep you home from work for days, weeks, or even longer. In a best-case scenario, your employer may:
- Allow you to work part-time
- Give you light-duty assignments as you recover
- Hold your job for you until you are ready to return
If, however, your injury prevents you from returning to your old job (or to any job), you could have permanent difficulty supporting your family. Even if you do work part-time, you would be making less than before, straining your finances.
No matter how much income you have lost, you should not have to suffer because of it. A lawsuit could enable you to recover lost income from the at-fault party’s insurer.
Deadlines for Filing a Taxi Accident Suit
If you wish to take advantage of your right to file a lawsuit, you must generally do this within three years, according to CPLR § 214.
Three years may sound like a long time. However, when you are distracted by physical pain, emotional trauma, and financial stress, it can pass all too quickly. Shulman & Hill encourages you to call us right after you have seen a doctor to stabilize your condition. This way, we have plenty of time to:
- Develop a “game plan” for fighting your case
- Explain what a lawsuit entails and help you determine if it is the right option for you
- Find sufficient evidence to support your case
Get to Know Our Taxi Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in the Bronx, Shulman & Hill wants to help. We are New York’s premier personal injury law firm, and our taxi accident lawyers in the Bronx would love the chance to recover compensation for you and your family. Call us at 866.932.5558 for a free case review today.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won
Our History of Success