Manhattan Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are among the most thrilling forms of transportation. While it can be a fun way to travel, it is always important to exercise caution when riding. On a motorcycle, you are not protected to the same degree that you would be in a car, truck, or another vehicle. Without a metal frame surrounding you, there is a relatively strong chance of being seriously injured if you are ever involved in an accident.
It is crucial to be aware of your surroundings when riding in a busy area like Manhattan. Even if you are careful when riding a motorcycle, you cannot control the decisions others make behind the wheel.
If you are ever injured, you should seek representation from a personal injury lawyer in the Manhattan area. You may be entitled to compensation for various losses suffered from your accident, including medical expenses and pain and suffering. A Manhattan motorcycle accident attorney at Shulman & Hill can review your case for free to see if you may qualify for compensation.
Important Information About Manhattan Motorcycle Accidents
Do not underestimate the importance of prioritizing safety when riding your motorcycle in Manhattan. Research indicates that when motorcyclists are involved in traffic accidents, they are 27 times more likely to lose their lives when compared to the drivers or occupants of other vehicles.
There are many potential causes of Manhattan motorcycle accidents, some of which include–but are not necessarily limited to–the following:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving (now a more common problem due to smartphone usage)
- Hazardous road or weather conditions
- Vehicle defects
- Failure on the part of other drivers to see motorcyclists
- Aggressive driving
- Sleep-deprived driving
Dangerous Intersections for Manhattan Motorcycle Accidents
Any time you are riding a motorcycle in Manhattan there is a chance you will be involved in an accident. Some Manhattan intersections are more dangerous than others, and the following are those you should be especially cautious when driving through:
- 1st Avenue and East 96th Street
- Houston Street and The Bowery
- 7th Avenue and West 42nd Street
- East 36th Street and 2nd Avenue
- Kenmare Street and the Bowery
- 8th Avenue and 42nd Street
- East 59th Street and 2nd Avenue
Manhattan Motorcycle Accidents: Potential Injuries
Various factors will determine the severity of your injuries if you are ever involved in a Manhattan motorcycle accident. The following are merely some of the injuries you might sustain:
- Road rash. It is common for the victims of motorcycle accidents to be thrown from their vehicles. When this happens, any exposed skin will be dragged across the road, resulting in painful road rash.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries can be particularly devastating if they result in long-term paralysis, disabling you from work and regular activities.
- Broken bones. One does not have the same level of protection that they would in a car or truck when on a motorcycle, therefore the odds of breaking or fracturing the bones in an accident are relatively high.
- Head trauma. Motorcyclists must always wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle. While helmets do not necessarily offer guaranteed protection from head trauma, they can reduce the chances for severe head injuries If you do sustain head trauma, you may experience long-term difficulties such as cognition problems, memory issues, and more.
You may seek compensation for losses related to your injuries by filing an insurance claim. Before doing so, strongly consider seeking representation from a personal injury lawyer near Manhattan. You may be more likely to collect fair compensation if you have an attorney on your side.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Law Firm in the Manhattan Area Can Help
In New York State, you can seek compensation for losses resulting from a motorcycle accident by filing a claim against the liable party’s insurance. New York is a no-fault state, meaning that a driver’s own insurance will compensate them in the event of an accident regardless of who may be responsible for causing it. However, motorcyclists are excluded from coverage for No-Fault benefits. In the case of a motorcycle accident, the injured victims’ sole recourse may be to seek compensation from negligent parties.
Conducting an investigation to determine who the negligent party actually is in your situation is important. It is not always another driver who is at fault. A manufacturer or designer may have overlooked a vehicle defect or the government agency responsible for maintaining New York City’s roads failed to address a hazardous condition.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers are prepared to thoroughly investigate your case to determine who may be at fault. We will also investigate the accident scene, attempt to locate witnesses and obtain any potential surveillance footage of the accident.
An Attorney Can Help Negotiate With Insurance Companies
Working with an insurance company directly can be complicated. An adjuster may try to convince you to settle for an offer that does not represent the full value of your claim. Our attorneys have the experience and expertise to negotiate on your behalf and fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Our Manhattan motorcycle accident lawyers can handle all correspondence for you. We are prepared to negotiate on your behalf to ultimately pursue a fair settlement.
When recovering from a motorcycle accident, you should not have to burden yourself with the tasks the claims process can entail. Allowing us to handle them for you gives you more freedom to focus on getting better. Your primary focus should be your recovery.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill?
Shulman & Hill has a team of skilled Manhattan personal injury attorneys with a proven track record of success. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our injured clients over the years.
If you qualify for a motorcycle accident lawsuit, you will only pay for our services if we win compensation for you. Call us today at 212.221.1000 or schedule a free consultation online to learn more.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won