Getting from one destination to another has always been relatively easy in Manhattan thanks to the various transportation options the borough offers. For years, Manhattan workers and residents have been able to use the subway, buses, cabs, and their own vehicles to get around the city.
Traveling throughout Manhattan is arguably easier than ever now thanks to ridesharing services like Lyft. Gone are the days when you have to compete with others to hail a cab in this crowded borough. Now, you can simply take out your phone and schedule a ride in an instant.
Though they may be more convenient, Manhattan Lyfts can be just as dangerous as taxis. Any time you are a passenger in a vehicle, you are at risk of being in an auto accident.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a Manhattan Lyft accident? If so, you should meet with a personal injury lawyer in the Manhattan area. You may be entitled to compensation for your various losses resulting from the accident. A dedicated Manhattan Lyft accident attorney at Shulman & Hill can offer the aggressive representation you need to recover what you may be entitled to.
Important Information About Manhattan Lyft Accidents
The emergence of ridesharing services has offered many benefits to those who do not own a car in crowded cities like New York. Unfortunately, research indicates the rising popularity of Lyft and other ridesharing services has not been without its consequences.
Ridesharing services have put more cars on our already busy roads. This has resulted in a higher rate of traffic accidents. More often than not, high traffic density leads to an increased risk of accidents happening.
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents in Manhattan
There are many reasons you may one day be involved in a Manhattan Lyft accident. Potential causes of an accident include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Driving while sleep-deprived. Some experts have found that lack of adequate sleep can impair one’s ability to operate a car in the same way that being intoxicated can.
- Distracted driving. Lyft drivers are often checking multiple apps as they drive to pick up or drop off passengers.
- Hazardous road conditions
- Hazardous weather conditions
- Vehicle defects
- Aggressive driving
Manhattan Lyft Accidents: Intersections to Avoid
Accidents can happen on any street in Manhattan. It is very important that all drivers exercise caution and remain vigilant behind the wheel. However, it is also worth noting that accidents are more common at some intersections than others.
Dangerous intersections in Manhattan include:
- 1st Avenue and East 96th Street
- Houston Street and The Bowery
- 7th Avenue and West 42nd Street
- East 36th Street and Second Avenue
- Kenmare Street and the Bowery
- 8th Avenue and 42nd Street
- East 59th Street and 2nd Avenue
- 11th Avenue and West 40th Street
- 3rd Avenue and 57th Street
- 7th Avenue and 34th Street
- 9th Avenue and 42nd Street
- East 59th Street and 3rd Avenue
- 2nd Avenue and 125th Street
- 6th Avenue and West 42nd Street
- 2nd Avenue and 34th Street
While these intersections report some of the most accidents in Manhattan, an auto accident can happen anywhere in the borough.
Potential Consequences of a Manhattan Lyft Accident
Manhattan Lyft accidents can vary in severity. In general, though, being involved in a Lyft accident may leave you with some of the following consequences:
- Medical bills
- Loss of earnings caused by an inability to work while you recover
- Pain and suffering
You may be able to pursue compensation for these losses by filing a lawsuit against the negligent driver who caused the accident. Before doing so, you should enlist the help of the experts at our personal injury law firm near Manhattan. Legal representation may help optimize your chances of reaching a fair settlement.
If you lost a loved one in a fatal Lyft accident, you may also be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses, loss of support, and more. Our law firm can help walk you through the process of filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
How Our Lyft Accident Law Firm in the Manhattan Area Can Help
The benefits of seeking representation from a Manhattan Lyft accident lawyer when seeking compensation are numerous. We can specifically help in the following key ways:
- Investigating the accident to identify who or what may have caused your accident.
- Collecting evidence that shows how your accident happened and how it directly resulted in your injuries and losses.
- Preparing and filing a demand letter and other documentation relevant to your claim.
- Assessing all of your relevant losses prior to entering negotiations on your behalf.
- Handling all major correspondence and administrative tasks so you can focus on your recovery.
- Negotiating with the insurance company. If you work with them directly, they may offer you an unfair settlement. You may have a much better chance of reaching a fair settlement if you have a qualified Manhattan Lyft accident attorney on your side.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill?
Shulman & Hill has fought for injured New Yorkers for nearly a decade. We have a consistent track record of success that communicates to insurance companies that we will not back down until our clients are fairly compensated.
Our law firm operates on a contingency fee model which means that our clients only pay for our services if we recover compensation for them. To learn more about what we can do for you, call us today at 212-221-1000 or schedule your free legal consultation online.