Taxi Accident Lawyers in Queens
If a taxi accident has left you injured and unable to work or pay your bills, legal help is available. Our taxi accident lawyers in Queens can investigate your case and pursue fair compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Shulman & Hill takes each and every case personally. We offer free case reviews to everyone who contacts us at 866.932.5558, so call today to learn more about your rights as a Queens car accident survivor.
Compensation for Taxi Accident Survivors and Victims
You and your family have suffered enough due to the at-fault party’s carelessness. You deserve to recover compensation for your losses, such as:
- Past loss of income: Even if you were able to work part-time or light duty during your convalescence, you still lost money, and you deserve compensation for it.
- Future loss of income: If your injuries will continue to affect how (and if) you make a living, we can seek damages for those expected losses.
- Past medical costs: As part of your lawsuit, we can ask for reimbursement for emergency treatment, like ambulance rides, and any other treatment you have already completed.
- Future medical costs: Does your doctor think you will need more treatment in the future? You could cover the cost of that treatment now by asking for it in a lawsuit.
- Past pain and suffering: Your condition may have improved since the accident, but that does not erase the distress and anguish you have already gone through.
- Future pain and suffering: If you have suffered any kind of permanent disability or injury that will affect you throughout your life, it constitutes a compensable damage.
Bear in mind that you have a limited time to seek these damages. As CPLR § 214 states, you must generally begin your case within three years for it to be legally valid. While exceptions exist, it is still better for you to start early because:
- The statute is shorter for those filing an accidental death case.
- This would give us more time to investigate your situation and come up with a solid legal strategy.
- There may be more (and better quality) evidence available immediately after the crash versus months or years after the fact.
We Can Handle Taxi Accident Cases
Shulman & Hill wants to provide you with a taxi accident lawyer in Queens who can manage your entire case on your behalf. We can start by offering you a free case review over the phone. This consultation would enable you to learn if you have a viable case at no risk or obligation.
If you decide to move forward with legal action, our office can help you in the following ways:
- We can determine who the at-fault party is, contact their insurance company, and request compensation.
- We can investigate the taxicab accident and create a case file that is strong enough to withstand any challenges from the insurer or the at-fault party.
- After discussing your options with you, we can decide together whether you want to negotiate for a pretrial settlement or take your case all the way to trial.
- We do not back down in the face of a challenge. If the insurer resists paying or if evidence shows your case is more complex than initially thought, we can continue to fight for your rights.
- We can handle all clerical tasks, like filling out paperwork, so you do not have to do it yourself.
- We can grant you the peace of mind of knowing that our law firm is on your side, ready to answer your questions and tackle even the toughest legal encounters.
Without the type of legal assistance we can provide, you would be solely responsible for building and fighting your case. You would also have to be alert for any attempts to infringe on your right to compensation. This might take the form of:
- An at-fault party who tries to blame the accident or their own injuries on you
- An insurance company that pressures you to provide a recorded statement or not hire a lawyer
- An insurance company that undervalues your injuries and offers you less money than you need and deserve
It would be much easier to handle these and other challenges with help from the team at Shulman & Hill. We work closely with clients to identify and deal with all complications.
How Taxi Accidents Happen in Queens
After a collision, your first instinct may be to wonder how something like this could have happened to you. Unfortunately, there are all too many ways that a person might behave recklessly and cause harm to others, including:
- Speeding: The Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research (ITSMR) reports that speeding played a role in over a third of all fatal crashes in New York State in 2021.
- Ignoring traffic signals: Even if there are few cars on the road, you should always obey all traffic signals, including traffic lights, stop signs, and yield signs. They exist to ensure that everyone can share the roadway safely.
- Driving while intoxicated: Drinking alcohol, taking a new prescription, or using any substance designed to alter your mind could greatly increase the risk of a collision.
- Driving while distracted: Texting and driving is the most prominent example of distracted driving. However, any activity that takes your attention away from the road could lead to a devastating crash.
As part of our investigation, Shulman & Hill can work to pinpoint the exact cause of your taxi accident. It would tell us who is legally responsible for the crash and, therefore, who you should direct your lawsuit against.
After a Taxi Accident, Call Us
Shulman & Hill is proud to serve clients in all five boroughs. If you want legal advice and assistance after a taxi accident, our lawyers in Queens would be happy to support you, no matter how long or complex your case turns out to be. Call 866.932.5558 and get started with a free case evaluation today.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won
Our History of Success