Bronx Social Security Disability Lawyer
If you can’t work because of an accident, illness, or other medical reason, you could qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). This insurance can provide financial assistance so your livelihood is protected even though you can no longer work. If the Social Security Administration has denied your claim, you could file an appeal to get the financial assistance you need.
A Bronx Social Security Disability attorney from Shulman & Hill can help you recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life. Our attorneys can guide you through the process and give you the support you need during this stressful time. Call today and get our team on your side. Together, we can pursue the financial help you need.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a program that financially assists people who meet requirements for disability. To qualify for benefits, you must have worked long enough and paid Social Security Taxes on your earnings.
You must also meet the disability requirements to receive Social Security Disability Insurance benefits. These requirements are listed on the Social Security Administration (SSA) website.
You can apply for SSDI online, by phone, or in person. Once you submit your application, the SSA will review it. This review includes:
- Ensuring the person applying meets the basic requirements. You cannot do the work you previously did because of your disability, your job is covered by Social Security, and medical professionals predict it will last for at least one year. They also will determine if you can do any other type of work and if you were working when you became disabled.
- Confirming you have worked enough years to qualify and review any current work activities.
- Forwarding your case to the office of Disability Determination Services, where they make the decision.
You can file an appeal if you get denied for Social Security Disability Insurance. The attorneys at Shulman & Hill can fight for you to receive the money you need after becoming disabled.
You can file an appeal if the Social Security Administration denies your SSDI application. Our firm’s Social Security Disability attorney in the Bronx, NY can help. We have handled many SSDI cases and understand how to work with the SSA to help our clients receive their needed benefits. We can stand up to the Social Security Administration, so you don’t have to.
Once your claim gets denied, we can start working on your appeal. You have sixty days from the date of the denial to file for an appeal. We can assist you with such appeals as:
- Reconsideration: A reconsideration occurs when someone new reviews your claim to determine whether the original decision was correct. The new person will review the evidence you submitted in the last claim. You can also include more evidence during the reconsideration.
- Hearing by an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ): If your reconsideration appeal gets denied, you can request a hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge.
- Request for a Review by the Appeals Counsel: If you were denied SSDI benefits during the ALJ hearing, you could request the Appeals Counsel to review your claim.
Our Social Security Disability lawyers in the Bronx can walk you through the appeals process and represent you in front of the Social Security Administration. A lawyer from our firm can provide you with a knowledgeable support system and guide you every step of the way.
The Social Security Administration denies many SSDI applications. Common causes of denials include:
- A lack of medical evidence
- You didn’t follow the treatment advice from medical professionals
- You didn’t comply with the SSDI application process
The role of SSDI is to provide financial assistance to people who have sustained disabilities and can no longer work. Financial assistance helps both the person and their dependents. 42 U.S. Code § 423 defines a disability as anyone who cannot obtain substantial gainful income, as determined by a medical professional.
The nationwide statistics for the United States for approvals of applications include:
- 37.9% approval after the initial application
- 13.3% approval after a reconsideration
- 53.9% approval after a hearing
The statewide statistics for New York for approvals of applications include
- 39.1% approval after the initial application
- 15.2% approval after a reconsideration
- 53.7% approval after a hearing
In the Bronx, the approval rate for SSDI applications is 59.6%, slightly higher than the national and statewide average.
The Bronx Social Security Disability attorneys at Shulman & Hill have access to many resources to help you win your case. We know the laws concerning SSDI benefits and can help you gain the necessary documentation needed to prove you need those benefits.
There are several reasons the Social Security Administration might use to explain why they did not approve your SSDI claim, including:
- There is not enough medical evidence: We can help you gather qualifying evidence to prove your medical condition counts as one of your qualifying disabilities.
- You did not work long enough: Our attorneys can help you gather documentation proving you worked long enough to gain SSDI insurance benefits.
- You didn’t follow prescribed medical treatments: After a doctor recommends medical treatment, it is important to follow their treatment plan. Save any documentation that you followed the treatment plan. We can use it as evidence.
Regardless of the SSA defense strategy, our Bronx, NY City Social Security Disability lawyers will fight for you to receive the compensation you need to cover your daily expenses.
Shulman & Hill is one of the top-rated injury law firms in the Bronx, NY. We build our success on providing unwavering client services and uncompromising advocacy. We are committed to achieving the best results for you and your family. Our attorneys commit to giving each case the personal attention it needs to help you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
If you are searching for a Social Security Disability lawyer near you in the Bronx, we can help. At Shulman & Hill, each case and client is important, and we do what we can to help our clients get the financial assistance they need.
If you’re disabled and your SSDI application gets denied, we can fight for you to get the compensation you need. We understand that your health and livelihood are at stake. The success of your case could very well depend on the knowledge and experience of your attorney. Our attorneys can provide you with quality legal representation.
Contact Shulman & Hill to learn more about your options after getting denied for SSDI. A member of our Bronx legal team is available 24/7 to take your call. In addition, we offer free consultations with attorneys. During the consultation, we can discuss your case, answer your questions, and develop a plan to move forward. Call today.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 250 million dollars won