Queens Lyft Accident Lawyer
For many, the appeal of living in a city like New York is that you do not need to own a car. Although subways, trains, and cabs have made this lifestyle possible for decades, ridesharing has made it even easier for New Yorkers to travel the city. When you need to get around a borough like Queens, scheduling a ride with Lyft is a convenient option.
However, whenever you are in a car, there is a chance of being involved in an accident. You do not need to be a Lyft passenger yourself to be involved in a Queens Lyft accident. Although ridesharing services have made life easier for many of us, their increased popularity has resulted in an unanticipated rise in the number of cars on the road. Researchers believe that there is a direct correlation between this increase and a similar rise in annual car accidents.
Hopefully, you and your loved ones will never be injured in a Queens Lyft accident. However, if you are hurt in a Lyft crash, it is important to note that you may be entitled to compensation for your losses, including your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
To optimize your chances of recovering compensation, you should seek representation from one of our personal injury lawyers in the Queens area. Review your case for free with a Queens Lyft accident attorney at Shulman & Hill for more information.
Queens Lyft Accidents: Potential Causes
Like any type of car accident, there are numerous reasons why a crash may occur. Potential causes of an accident include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while sleep-deprived
- Vehicle defects
- Hazardous road conditions
- Distracted driving: Texting, talking on the phone, eating, and similar activities can cause a driver to take their attention away from the road
- Aggressive driving
Dangerous Intersections to Avoid in Queens
Some intersections can be more dangerous than others. Although a Queens Lyft accident can occur anywhere in the borough, these accidents may be more likely to occur at the following intersections which report the most accidents:
- Brookville Boulevard and Rockaway Boulevard
- Atlantic Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway
- Farmers Boulevard and Rockaway Boulevard
- Queens Boulevard and Woodhaven Boulevard
- College Point Boulevard and Roosevelt Avenue
If it is possible to do so, you may want to ask your Lyft driver to avoid these intersections.
The Aftermath of a Queens Lyft Accident
The severity of any motor vehicle accident can vary depending on a wide range of factors.
There is a good chance that your injuries could be significant enough to require medical treatment. There is also a chance that they can be severe enough to prevent you from doing your job. If you cannot return to work (whether temporarily or permanently), you might suffer a decrease in income. As one might expect, this can make paying for unexpected medical bills more challenging than it already is.
Not all losses that stem from a Queens Lyft accident will necessarily be strictly financial in nature either. You may have to endure intense pain during your recovery, and in some cases long after.
If another driver was at fault for the accident, you will likely be able to pursue compensation for these losses by filing a personal injury lawsuit. To ensure your rights are protected, seek representation from our personal injury law firm in the Queens area.
The Role of a Lyft Accident Law Firm in the Queens Area
If you were injured in a Lyft accident, our Queens lawyers are prepared to offer aggressive representation. The following are key ways we can help:
- Determining who may be held liable: Sometimes it is not clear what or who may have caused an accident. Our lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation to help determine how you may have been injured and who the negligent party may be.
- Reviewing your losses: Our lawyers can help you account for the full extent of the harm you suffered and may suffer in the future as a result of your injuries. This includes helping you estimate the costs of your future medical care as well as any expected loss in earning potential over the course of your career.
- Filing a lawsuit: Using evidence gathered during our investigation, Shulman & Hill’s Lyft accident attorneys will build a strong case on your behalf that shows how the negligent driver may have caused you to be injured. Our personal injury attorneys will help ensure you meet every filing deadline and can communicate with the relevant insurance companies so you can focus on your recovery.
One of the biggest ways our attorneys can help you is during negotiations with the other driver’s insurance company. Be aware, most insurers may not be motivated to offer a settlement that represents the full value of your claim. In some cases, insurance companies prefer that you settle for as little as possible.
At Shulman & Hill, our attorneys can negotiate on your behalf to reach a settlement that accounts for your full range of losses. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to represent you in trial where we will fight to win a favorable verdict.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill?
At Shulman & Hill, we have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for injured clients just like you thanks to our meticulous and dedicated approach to each and every case. To learn more about what we can do for you, call us today at 917.793.0642 or schedule a free legal consultation online.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won
Our History of Success