Manhattan Work Injury Lawyer
Did you sustain a serious injury while on the job? One of our work injury lawyers in Manhattan is eager to help. Our team wants to see you recover fair compensation for your personal injury.
Depending on the circumstances of your injury, we can pursue compensation by filing a third-party lawsuit against the at-fault party, filing a claim for workers’ comp benefits, or both. Our team handles both of these types of cases. Call 212.221.1000 today for a free consultation from Shulman & Hill.
It can take a lot of effort to get appropriate compensation after a workplace accident. You may not want to expend so much time and energy, especially if you don’t have legal experience and are struggling to recover from your injuries.
By hiring Shulman & Hill to manage your case, you:
- Give yourself more time to recuperate from your injury by letting us handle all the legal aspects of your case
- Put your case in the hands of a dedicated team that knows how to deal with cases just like yours
- Allow legal professionals to assess your case and make sure you ask for the right amount of compensation from the right parties
- Always have access to someone who can answer your questions, provide you with case updates, and change strategy, if necessary
Our clients can tell how much we care and how much effort we put into each case. Ita L., a former workers’ comp client, stated, “Shulman & Hill was my first choice and I have no regrets. I was impressed with the prompt response to my case.”
When you have been injured at work, the last thing you need to worry about is a complex legal system or a lawyer who does not respond to your calls. Our team takes every case personally and can make sure yours is handled with professionalism and courtesy.
Getting Work Injury Compensation in Manhattan
Workers who suffer an on-the-job injury have two options for pursuing compensation: a workers’ comp benefits claim and a third-party injury lawsuit.
These options are not mutually exclusive. You could file both types of cases and get compensation from two separate sources. Shulman & Hill would be happy to manage your entire case, your workers’ compensation claim, and a third-party lawsuit, all from the same office, no matter how long it takes or how difficult it gets.
Seeking Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If you want to protect your right to workers’ compensation benefits, you should act promptly. This could mean:
- Contacting Shulman & Hill for advice on how to handle your case
- Telling your employer about the injury as soon as possible
- Making sure your claim is properly filed with all relevant parties within the deadlines they set
- Providing your employer’s insurer with evidence to prove you need benefits
If your employer’s insurer accepts your claim, they will pay a portion of your usual wages for as long as you cannot work. They will also pay for your necessary medical care. We can help you fight for exactly how much you should receive.
If your case runs into complications, you can rely on Shulman & Hill to provide advice and strong representation. We never back away from a challenge.
Seeking Compensation Through a Third-Party Lawsuit
Filing a lawsuit might be the right option for you if a contractor or a company:
- Caused your injury through reckless or negligent behavior
- Had a duty of care toward you and a responsibility to keep you safe
If you qualify to file a lawsuit, Shulman & Hill can help you collect evidence from your medical records, your employer’s records, witness statements, video footage, and any other available sources. We can then contact the at-fault party and ask them to pay for your:
- Pain and suffering, including both physical and psychological symptoms that you suffered or will continue to suffer due to your injury
- Loss of income, including money you already lost as well as any money you expect to lose if you are unable to return to work at your full capacity
- Medical expenses, including any and all necessary treatments you undergo, both now and in the future
Just like with workers’ comp claims, our work injury lawyer can fight hard to ensure you seek fair compensation through your personal injury lawsuit. The entire team in our Manhattan office can also handle all of the communication and negotiating on your behalf.
Compensation for Fatal Work Injuries
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that fatal occupational injuries happen regularly in New York City. If your loved one passed away due to a preventable work injury, your family has rights.
If you lost a loved one in a work-related accident, generally, you must file a lawsuit for compensation within two years, as EPTL § 5-4.1 explains. Through a wrongful death lawsuit, you could seek damages for:
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Any medical expenses your loved one incurred prior to passing
- The loss of your loved one’s income, especially if your family relied on that income
You may also qualify for survivor benefits through a workers’ compensation claim.
Shulman & Hill’s compassionate team can manage your loved one’s fatal workplace injury case and fight for the justice your family deserves. We handle all the legalities so you have time to grieve.
Shulman & Hill has recovered over $250 million for our work injury and other personal injury clients, and we will use our experience to seek the best results for you. If you are looking for a Manhattan lawyer to help you with your case, call 212.221.1000 today. Members of our team are standing by to provide you with a free case review.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won