New York City Crane Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a crane accident, you have the right to pursue legal action to seek compensation for your injuries. A Shulman & Hill New York crane accident lawyer has the experience and knowledge to protect your legal rights and help you obtain all the compensation that New York law provides. Our outstanding track record speaks for itself. We will work tirelessly to help you win your case!
When a crane malfunctions, drops its load, or topples over in a New York City construction site, workers and passersby can be seriously injured or killed. People who survive a crane accident may have life-changing injuries.
If you were seriously hurt in an accident involving a construction crane anywhere in New York’s five boroughs, you need an experienced NYC crane accident attorney to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you need and deserve for your injuries. Trust the client-focused New York City personal injury attorneys at Shulman & Hill to fight for you.
Why Choose the New York City Crane Accident Lawyers at Shulman & Hill?
The New York crane accident attorneys at Shulman & Hill are dedicated to serving the good, hard-working people of the Big Apple. Our top priority is helping our clients obtain justice and the financial compensation needed to get good treatment for their injuries to have the best possible future.
We value good communication. Our multilingual staff members are always glad to answer your questions and help keep you informed about all the important events in your crane accident case. At Shulman & Hill, you don’t have to choose between personalized service and a track record of outstanding results. We give you both.
We have more than a decade of experience helping victims of NYC crane accidents. Some of the notable results that we have achieved for clients injured in construction accidents include the following:
- $2,500,000 settlement for a non-union worker injured on a construction project
- $2,000,000 settlement for an immigrant worker who fell from a defective ladder on a construction site
- $1,500,000 settlement for an undocumented day laborer injured when the defendants failed to control the descent of a large steel beam
The dedication, skill, and outstanding results obtained by our legal team have been recognized by prestigious national and local legal organizations.
Our partner, Alex Shulman, has been named one of the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers. He has also been selected to the New York Super Lawyers list every year since 2017. Only 5 percent of attorneys in each state receive this honor.
The Shulman & Hill team of NYC personal injury lawyers is dedicated to fighting for New Yorkers injured in a wide range of construction accidents, including the following:
Common Causes of Crane Accidents in New York
Cranes account for more than 20 percent of construction fatalities and cause many serious injuries. Accidents often result from a party’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct.
Common causes of New York crane accidents include the following:
- Personnel on construction sites fail to follow the proper operating procedures.
- The crane used is unsuitable for the job or inadequate for the conditions.
- The crane is improperly set up or monitored.
- The crane is not properly maintained.
- Crane operators lack sufficient knowledge and experience.
- Safety measures are not properly followed.
- The crane is defective.
- Miscommunication among workers or between workers and supervisors causes operating errors.
The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has established standards for crane safety that apply nationwide. Danger crane accidents may occur when these safety standards are ignored or not properly followed.
Shulman & Hill obtained a $2,500,000 settlement for a non-union laborer
Shulman & Hill obtained a $2,000,000 settlement for an immigrant laborer
Shulman & Hill obtained a $1,600,000 settlement for a 53-year-old union bus driver
Shulman & Hill obtained a $1,500,000 settlement for an undocumented day laborer
Shulman & Hill obtained a $1,500,000 settlement for a bus driver
Taking Legal Action After a Crane Accident
If you are injured in a New York crane accident, you may pursue legal action and seek compensation from those responsible for your injuries.
Parties that may be potentially liable for a crane accident defendants include the following parties:
- The owner of the property where the crane was being used
- The construction company in charge of the project,
- The crane’s owner
- The party responsible for choosing the crane
- Those responsible for maintaining and repairing the crane
- Jobsite personnel, including the contractor, supervisor, or crane operator
You may also have a product liability claim against the crane’s manufacturer if the crane or one of its components is defective.
An experienced crane accident attorney can determine the cause of your crane accident, identify all potentially liable parties, and pursue compensation on your behalf.
Types of Legal Claims in Crane Accidents
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, there may be different types of cases that you could pursue. These include workers’ compensation, personal injury, or wrongful death claims.
For instance, workers injured on the job typically cannot sue their employers. They must file a workers’ compensation claim instead. However, if a third party is responsible for the crane accident, a worker may be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. Furthermore, if someone is killed in a crane accident, their family may be able to pursue a wrongful death action against the responsible party.
Unlike some other New York City accident firms, Shulman & Hill has the experience, resources, and knowledge to handle all types of cases of crane accidents in-house.
How an Attorney Can Help With Your Crane Accident Case
Shulman & Hill’s team of experienced New York crane accident lawyers can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. We will investigate the accident to determine exactly what happened and who was at fault. We will gather the evidence needed to prove fault and use it to build a strong case showing that the at-fault parties should be held responsible for the harm their negligence caused you.
We will investigate all aspects of the accident, including the following:
- The capabilities of the crane
- How it was maintained
- Whether the operators were supervised correctly
- Whether the manufacturer provided necessary safety warnings
- Whether the safety warnings were followed
- The operator’s training and experience
- Whether OSHA safety regulations were violated
Evidence gleaned from our investigation will help us identify all liable parties and devise the best strategy to maximize your compensation.
Common Injuries Due to Crane Accident
Survivors of crane accidents are often severely injured. Common serious injuries from crane accidents include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Electrocution injuries like burns, cardiac disturbances, and muscle and nerve damage
These injuries may require years of medical treatment and long-term loss of income. The Shulman & Hill New York crane accident legal team will gather evidence showing your need for compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, and “non-economic damages,” which include your pain, suffering, and loss of quality of life.
What to Do After a Crane Accident in NYC
If you were injured in a crane accident, there are steps to take that will help preserve both your health and your legal rights:
- Get immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Report the accident to a supervisor or the construction company.
- If you can, take photographs or videos of the accident scene and your injuries. You can do this with your phone.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Take notes about what happened while the accident is still fresh in your memory.
- Contact a New York crane accident attorney to find out what steps you should take next.
Rely on the Team at Shulman & Hill
The NYC crane accident lawyers at Shulman & Hill work hard for New Yorkers injured by heavy machinery. We will seek justice and fight to hold the negligent parties responsible for your injuries. We service all five boroughs. No case is too complex or challenging for our experienced attorneys.
Whether you are pursuing a workers’ compensation or personal injury claim, or are pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit over the loss of a loved one, we are committed to getting the best results possible. We provide compassionate and aggressive representation, with more than a decade of successful results.
For a free consultation, contact us online.