Work Injury Lawyer in New York City
If you were injured in an accident on the job, you could qualify for workers’ compensation benefits to pay your medical bills and make up for part of your lost income. You may also file a personal injury lawsuit against those who contributed to your accident. Let a work injury lawyer from Shulman & Hill in New York City work with you to determine the total compensation you could be eligible to receive.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not pay attorneys’ fees upfront. Call (555) 555-5555 for a free case evaluation today.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits and Personal Injury Lawsuits
Depending on your circumstances, you could recover compensation for a work injury by:
- Applying for workers’ compensation benefits through your employer’s insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit against a negligent company or contractor
- Filling both a personal injury lawsuit and a workers’ compensation claim
Here are some of the biggest differences between these two methods of recovering compensation:
What Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Personal injury lawsuits allow injury victims to recover fair damages if someone else’s actions hurt them, either directly or indirectly. In work injury cases, our New York City personal injury lawyer may determine the at-fault party is:
- A contractor
- A materials supplier or manufacturer
- A company involved in your work
In general, you typically have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, as discussed in CPLR § 214. Shulman & Hill can discuss this filing deadline with you, as well as possible exceptions to it. We can also manage your entire case, including:
- Identifying the at-fault party
- Fighting for the compensation you deserve
- Dealing with the at-fault party and their representatives on your behalf
No matter how complicated your case may seem, our firm can support you. We can explain the options you have for seeking compensation after sustaining a workplace injury.
What Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
If your employer’s insurer approves your claim, you can receive benefits for both medical care and a portion of lost income. Our New York City workers’ compensation lawyer can explain more about the process of recovering benefits when you are injured.
According to the New York Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), you have a limited time to file a claim, which includes:
- Selecting the right forms, filling them out, and submitting them
- Determining how much your case is worth based
- Finding evidence that shows your injury occurred on the job, and that the injury entitles you to the amount of compensation you are seeking
Some workers’ compensation claims are settled after your initial claim is approved. Other times, the employer or their insurer resists paying what the claimant asks for.
Shulman & Hill can tell you more about what to expect in your workers’ compensation case.
Why Hire Our Work Injury Lawyer To Handle Your Case?
Many law firms serve New York City and the surrounding areas, but when you work with Shulman & Hill, your case will receive personal attention. Our team can:
- Handle multiple case types: Whether you file a personal injury lawsuit, apply for workers’ compensation benefits—or both—we can assist. This saves you the trouble of hiring two firms to handle each case separately.
- Fight hard for your compensation: Over the years, Shulman & Hill has won over $250 million for our clients. We can determine what you may qualify to receive and help you pursue that amount.
- Support you no matter what: No case is too difficult or too complex for us. We stay loyal to our clients, no matter what complications arise.
- Work without accepting fees up front: We only receive payment when you win compensation. This helps to make our services more affordable to those who want them.
Chelsea W., one of our former clients, put it aptly and succinctly: “When you’re dealing with a worker’s compensation case, you’ll want a pit bull to represent you: Shulman & Hill is the firm you need.”
We have experience helping our clients seek fair compensation. We have helped injured New Yorkers recover over $300 million in compensation for their injuries and damagaes.
What To Do After You Sustain a Work Injury
After a workplace injury, your health comes first, and you should seek appropriate medical care as soon as possible after the injury. An official diagnosis can also help strengthen your claim or lawsuit.
Once you have received treatment, you should start thinking about how to recover compensation before the time limits run out. Our work injury lawyer in New York City can explain your legal rights and the tasks we can accomplish to build your case. This involves:
- Taking your statements about your accident and injury
- Filing for workers’ compensation benefits on time
- Getting started on a lawsuit
You Can Also Collect Evidence
In the time between your injury and your first call to our office, you can gather paperwork and invoices that we can use to build your case, including:
- Tax information
- Video footage
- Names of witnesses
We can use these documents to build your case file while you recover. Our team knows where to find critical evidence, including:
- Your employer’s records
- Your medical records
- The police report, if applicable
- The accident site
- Witness testimony
- Testimony from you, your family, and your friends
Types of Work Injury Cases We Handle
Our firm represents workers from every industry, including union members. Most commonly, we see cases brought by:
- construction workers
- healthcare and hospital workers
- tunnel workers
- utility workers
- workers in the industrial and manufacturing sectors
Some of the most accidents and injuries we see include:
- crane accidents
- welding accidents
- forklift accidents
- falls from heights
- being hit by a falling object
- chemical exposure
- work-related car accidents
- machinery accidents
- scaffolding accidents
- repetitive stress injury
If your family member or loved one was involved in a workplace accident that cost them their life, we understand that a very difficult time is made even worse by the financial pressures that such a sudden and unexpected event can cause. Contact us to speak with a lawyer who specializes in fatal workplace accidents. While we know that we cannot bring your loved one back, we can help support you in your moment of need.
Reach Out to Our Firm to Learn More About Our NYC Work Injury Lawyers
Shulman & Hill can help you seek fair compensation after you suffer a work injury in New York City.
We have offices all around the city, in all five boroughs.
Call (555) 555-5555 to let a member of our team evaluate your case for free. Our lawyers are devoted to providing personalized and professional service to each client we assist.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 400 million dollars won