Like most New York City boroughs, Queens is a busy place. The roads can get fairly crowded here by residents and tourists alike, meaning your chances of being involved in a car accident are greater than they might be in a less-crowded area. It is important that you remain vigilant behind the wheel when driving in Queens.
While you can control your own choices on the road and follow safety guidelines, you cannot control other people. There is a chance you may one day be involved in a Queens car accident.
If you are ever injured in a Queens car accident, contact Shulman & Hill for a free legal consultation. You may be entitled to compensation.
Your Potential Losses After a Car Accident
Being injured in a Queens car accident can have a dramatic impact on your life in both the short and long term. Financially, you may struggle to pay unexpected medical bills and your injuries may prevent you from being able to work.
You likely deserve to be compensated accordingly. To ensure you recover the full amount of compensation to which you may be entitled, enlist the help of a Queens car accident attorney. At Shulman & Hill, our personal injury lawyers are prepared to offer the aggressive representation you need.
Queens Car Accidents: Essential Information
Motor vehicle collisions are fairly common in Queens. In fact, the only New York City borough with more annual collisions is Brooklyn. Potential causes of Queens car accidents are wide-ranging. They include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Drunk driving. A common issue, being intoxicated behind the wheel is extremely dangerous and can be fatal.
- Distracted driving. Unfortunately, the ubiquity of smartphones has made distracted driving a more frequent cause of motor vehicle accidents than it once was.
- Speeding. Speeding is extremely common and is often a cause of major injuries not only for the driver who is speeding, but pedestrians and other vehicles.
- Vehicle defects. A minor defect that goes unnoticed by the designer or manufacturer may cause an accident later on.
- Dangerous weather and hazardous road conditions. Choosing to continue driving when it is clearly dangerous can lead to serious injury.
- Aggressive driving. Not following rules can confuse other drivers. Changing a lane unexpectedly, for example, can lead to a collision.
- Sleep-deprived driving. Research shows that lack of sleep can have the same effects as alcohol in regards to your ability to drive safely.
Queens Car Accidents: The Borough’s Most Dangerous Intersections
It is important to exercise caution when driving in any area, yet one should be particularly careful when driving near the following intersections:
- Brookville Boulevard and Rockaway Boulevard
- Atlantic Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway
- Farmers Boulevard and Rockaway Boulevard
- Queens Boulevard and Woodhaven Boulevard
- College Point Boulevard and Roosevelt Avenue
Seeking Compensation After a Queens Car Accident
New York uses a no-fault system for car insurance coverage. Regardless of who was at fault, the injured party files a claim with their own insurance company for economic losses such as medical treatment. If the injured party qualifies for pain and suffering losses or other non-economic losses, then they may file a third-party insurance claim or lawsuit against the negligent party.
When it comes to more subjective losses such as pain and suffering, an experienced car accident lawyer may help navigate what can be an overwhelming process.
How a Car Accident Law Firm in Queens Can Help
There are numerous reasons to enlist the help of a Queens car accident attorney when seeking compensation for your injuries. The following are key ways we assist you throughout the process:
Every accident and case is unique. While we may not be able to tell you how much your case is worth until we know more about your circumstances, our experienced team of car accident attorneys will work hard to understand the details of your losses so we may fight for the compensation you may be entitled to.
Drafting a Demand Letter
To file a claim, you may need to send a demand letter to your insurer. This letter should describe the accident, explain how much compensation you are seeking, and provide evidence showing why that amount of compensation is appropriate. Our Queens car accident lawyers can help with this task as well.
Negotiating On Your Behalf
Insurance companies will most likely not immediately agree to the amount of compensation you request. Like any company, they strive to protect their own financial interests by offering lower compensation to their claimants. They will have a better chance of convincing you to settle for less than your claim is worth if you work with them directly instead of hiring an attorney.
We want to help you avoid this and can handle all major correspondence with the insurance company, negotiating on your behalf for a fair and reasonable payout.
Pursuing Additional Compensation
In most cases, you may seek compensation from your own insurance after a Queens car accident. If your injuries and losses qualify under New York law, you may be entitled to additional compensation from the negligent party as well. We can determine if your losses meet the established criteria and leverage our resources to investigate the accident and identify the liable parties if they do.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill?
Choosing the right car accident law firm in the Queens area will play a critical role in determining the outcome of your claim or lawsuit. Luckily, we at Shulman & Hill have a proven track record of helping clients just like you recover all the compensation to which they were entitled. Our personalized approach and determination will help us recover your losses.
Call us today at 212-221-1000 or schedule a free legal consultation online to learn more.