Queens Truck Accident Lawyer
The trucking industry plays a major role in the overall infrastructure and operations of a busy city like New York. If you live in Queens, you know that large commercial trucks often account for much of the traffic on our city’s roads.
One needs to be vigilant when sharing the road with trucks. While being involved in any type of motor vehicle accident can have serious consequences, an accident involving a large vehicle will likely injure you more severely than a collision with a small car. If a car hits you at a relatively low speed, you may be able to walk away from the accident with only a few scratches. This is less likely to happen with a commercial truck.
You can only control your own choices behind the wheel and may one day be harmed in a Queens truck accident because another party was negligent. If you are, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
To optimize your chances of recovering the full amount of compensation you may be owed, contact one of our qualified attorneys in the Queens area for a free legal consultation. Our truck accident lawyers are prepared to offer the aggressive representation you deserve.
Queens Truck Accidents: Important Information
Out of all of the New York City boroughs, Queens takes second place for the most accidents involving large commercial vehicles, the first being Brooklyn. The potential causes of a Queens truck accident are fairly wide-ranging. They include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Loss of control. Although trucking companies are required to screen applicants to ensure they only hire qualified drivers, operating a large truck is more difficult than operating a car. A small error in judgment on the part of a trucker can result in a major accident.
- Intoxicated driving. Driving under the influence greatly increases the relative risk of a motor vehicle crash, affecting everyone around.
- Sleep-deprived driving. A report from The New York Times reveals that truckers often sleep less if they are behind schedule. This puts others on the road at significant risk of being involved in an accident. Researchers have found that losing sleep can impair your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in the same way that alcohol can.
- Distracted driving. While they have made our lives more convenient, smartphones have contributed to a rise in the rate of accidents caused by drivers not paying attention to the road.
- Speeding and reckless driving. Going over the speed limit can cause serious accidents if the driver is changing lanes or suddenly getting in another vehicle’s way.
- Hazardous road conditions. Potholes, construction, and more can create additional obstacles when driving.
- Hazardous weather. A trucker may choose to drive even if the weather is dangerous.
- Vehicle defects. A minor defective detail missed by the designer or manufacturer can result in a devastating accident.
- Lack of proper truck maintenance. Regular inspections and maintenance are critical for safe driving.
How a Queens Truck Accident Can Affect Your Life
Accidents involving commercial trucks are more likely to seriously injure than many other types of accidents. If you survive a truck accident in Queens, you will almost certainly require hospitalization. Other potential consequences include the need for long-term medical care, inability to work and earn an income, paralysis, limited mobility, and cognitive impairment.
You may be entitled to compensation for such losses. Enlist the help of a personal injury law firm in Queens to pursue what you may be entitled to.
How a Truck Accident Law Firm in Queens Can Help
You should strongly consider hiring a Queens truck accident lawyer soon after your accident. The following are some of the more essential ways our team can help you.
Investigating the Accident
Conducting a thorough investigation into your case often requires leveraging the resources of a successful truck accident law firm. To recover additional compensation for your losses not covered by your own insurance, you may file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
Determining liability is important. A skilled attorney can look into the details of your case thoroughly to determine who may have been at fault, as well as gather evidence to support your lawsuit.
Determining What You May Be Entitled To
Every case is unique. The process of determining the types of compensation you may be eligible for can be complex if you do not have a legal background. Our experienced truck accident attorneys can help explain what your legal rights are, and they will review all applicable medical bills, lost wages, and any other relevant losses you may have suffered from to help fight for the compensation you may be entitled to.
An insurance company may first try to suggest a low settlement offer. If the injured victim has no prior experience or legal background, they may quickly accept, not knowing the tactics insurance companies sometimes utilize to avoid paying fair compensation.
We can guard against this. By hiring our personal injury lawyers, you will have legal experts negotiating on your behalf for a fair settlement, while you can focus on recovering your health.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill?
At Shulman & Hill, we approach each case with meticulous attention to detail in order to pursue fair compensation for our injured clients. This proven method has allowed us to secure millions of dollars in compensation for clients just like you over the years.
To learn more about how we can help, call us today at 917.793.0642 or schedule a free legal consultation online.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 250 million dollars won