Work Injury Lawyer in Queens
You likely have a lot of things to worry about after a work injury, from paying for medical care to supporting your family while you are unable to work. It is easy to feel overwhelmed in the face of such challenges. Instead of worrying alone, let our work injury lawyers in Queens take care of all your legal tasks.
At Shulman & Hill, we can advise you on how best to manage your case and seek the damages you need on your behalf. The team at our Queens office can handle a workers’ compensation claim, a third-party lawsuit, or both.
Call us at 917.793.0642 when you are ready to begin with a free consultation.
We Can Explain if You Can File a Work Injury Lawsuit
Personal injury lawsuits may enable people like you to seek reimbursement for:
- Pain and suffering (past and future)
- Current medical costs and possible future expenses
- Lost wages while you recovered
- Any future decrease in earning potential your injuries have caused
To qualify for these damages, you must show that you were injured because another party—such as a maintenance team, contractor, manufacturer, or someone else—behaved carelessly or irresponsibly. Shulman & Hill can help you do so by:
- Investigating the accident: To build a strong case, we need to know everything about where and how your accident occurred.
- Collecting evidence: It is important to support your story with evidence like bills, paystubs, medical records, and statements from witnesses or loved ones.
- Handling all communications: Do not worry about speaking with insurance companies, liable parties, or anyone else. We can meet with these other parties and then let you know what they have to say.
- Handling all paperwork: For example, we can send a demand letter to the liable party, and we can draw up the settlement agreement.
When to Seek Workers’ Compensation Benefits for a Work Injury
Many employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This helps workers who:
- Suffer an injury while performing their normal job duties
- Are unable to work due to their injury
- Need expensive medical care so they can heal
Our Queens-based workers’ compensation attorneys can make sure your claim is submitted and processed by:
- Reporting the accident: If you have not already told your employer about the accident, we can help you do so in accordance with the New York Workers’ Compensation Board’s (WCB) rules.
- Filing a claim: Similarly, if you or your employer have yet to file a claim for workers’ comp, our team can see to it that that is taken care of.
- Collecting evidence: Like with lawsuits, workers’ comp claims may require you to show proof that you were injured and that your injury only occurred because you were trying to do your job.
- Attending meetings: If your employer disagrees with any aspect of your claim, you may have to discuss it with them in person. We can attend this meeting on your behalf and argue for what you deserve—and not a penny less.
Compensation Is Also Available for Fatal Work Injuries
If you lost a loved one to a work injury, we offer you our deepest condolences. Surviving family members may qualify to seek benefits through workers’ compensation or file a third-party lawsuit.
We can help you:
- Figure out whether to get compensation through a lawsuit, workers’ compensation benefits, or both
- Collect evidence to prove your case
- Convince the other party to pay what you deserve
- Fill out the paperwork required to ask for and receive compensation
However, it is important to note that there are some unique aspects of wrongful death cases that you may have to contend with. Shulman & Hill can explain these crucial differences and help you fight for both justice and monetary reimbursement after a preventable death.
Results From Past Work Injury Cases
No case is typical, and past successes do not guarantee future results. However, as you are deciding which law firm to hire, it is important to understand each firm’s track record, so you know what they are capable of and how they will treat you.
As the following sampling of case results show, we have handled cases for all kinds of workers who deserved varying amounts of compensation:
- We won $2 million for an immigrant construction worker who sustained multiple injuries after falling off a ladder.
- After a worker suffered multiple injuries because of an unsafe grinder, we were able to secure a $1 million settlement.
Over the course of our careers, we have been able to recover over $250 million for deserving clients. Every case is different, of course, and your case results depend on the unique losses you suffered. No matter what position you hold or how you were injured, however, we want to help recover a fair amount of money for you.
First Steps to Take After a Work Injury in Queens
The actions you take immediately after a work injury may determine how much compensation you can get. The first steps you should take include:
- Seeing a doctor: Your first priority should be to treat your injuries and make sure you are not in immediate danger. Prompt treatment can also prevent more serious conditions from developing later on.
- Contacting a lawyer: It is important for you to understand your rights so you can protect them. Our team at Shulman & Hill would be happy to talk to you about your case.
- Reporting your injury: Letting your employer know about the accident will preserve your right to seek workers’ compensation benefits later.
If you have not yet performed all of these tasks, there may still be time to do so. When you see us for the first time, please let us know what you have done so far. This way, we may be in a better position to provide helpful legal counsel.
Types of Work Injury Cases We Handle
Our work injury lawyers in Queens have experience with a wide variety of cases. We very often represent:
- construction workers
- healthcare and hospital workers
- industrial and manufacturing workers
- utility workers
- tunnel workers
We also represent members of unions who need extra advocacy.
An example of the kinds of cases we have worked on include:
- scaffolding accidents and falls from heights
- machinery accidents
- forklift accidents
- crane accidents
- repetitive stress injury claims
- welding accidents
- electrocution accidents
- chemical exposure
- work-related car accidents
This is not an exhaustive list. If you do not see the kind of accident you were involved in on the list, contact us for a personal consultation.
Contact Us to Learn How We Represent Injured Workers in Queens
At Shulman & Hill, we understand how painful and challenging it can be to recuperate from a work injury. Our entire legal team wants to make your life easier by fighting for the compensation you deserve.
To learn more about how our lawyers can help you, call 917.793.0642 and get a free consultation.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won
Our History of Success