Work Injury Lawyer in Staten Island
It is normal to feel overwhelmed, angry, sad, and even scared after suffering a workplace injury. You could benefit from professional guidance as you figure out your next steps, and our work injury lawyers in Staten Island could assist.
The legal team at Shulman & Hill in Staten Island wants to protect your right to compensation and fight for all of the money you deserve. That may include compensation from a third-party lawsuit as well as workers’ compensation benefits.
Call us at 212.221.1000 to book a consultation to find out more at no cost or obligation.
Getting Fair Compensation for a Work Injury in Staten Island
Personal injuries can be very serious or even life-altering. As an injured worker, you have three possible ways to recover compensation. These are:
- Suing the party that caused your injury
- Filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits
- Suing the responsible party and filing a workers’ compensation claim
Our attorneys can investigate your case and tell you more about your options.
How to File a Third-Party Work Injury Lawsuit
You could receive compensation through a lawsuit if you can prove that you were injured because of another party’s carelessness. That may be a company, a contractor, or another party. The work injury lawyers on our Staten Island team can help you prove the at-fault party’s negligence and establish your case’s worth.
Shulman & Hill can take all the necessary legal action on your behalf, including:
- Quantifying your injuries and fighting for the amount you deserve
- Preparing and filing all paperwork
- Exchanging emails, phone calls, and other communications with other parties
How to File for Workers’ Compensation
If you plan on filing a workers’ compensation claim, you must report the injury to your employer. Generally, you must also file the necessary paperwork within the established deadlines. You can get more specific instructions from the New York Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB).
If you already filed for compensation or are still considering your options, our workers’ compensation lawyers can help. Shulman & Hill could:
- Review both your accident and any actions you took afterward
- Gather evidence from as many sources as possible
- Report your accident and submit your claim, if you have not done so
- Speak to your employer, their insurer, and any other involved parties on your behalf
- Work to smooth out any disagreements regarding your case
- Explain if you can file for workers’ compensation benefits and bring a third-party lawsuit
When Can I Get Both Types of Compensation?
Whether you end up pursuing a lawsuit, a workers’ comp claim, or both depends on your specific situation. Our work injury lawyers in Staten Island can work with you to determine the best course of action based on:
- Your needs and goals
- The facts of your case
- The available evidence
- Any state or federal laws that apply to your case
Shulman & Hill has the legal resources to handle both personal injury lawsuits and workers’ compensation claims. If you come to us first, you do not have to worry about possibly hiring a second firm down the line to manage both aspects of your case. We can do it all.
Our Work Injury Attorneys in Staten Island Support You
Our firm has been handling work injury cases for years, so we know what a devastating effect they can have on workers’ lives. This is why Shulman & Hill strives to do more than just provide cookie-cutter legal services. Our entire legal team is dedicated to:
- Tailoring our services, so they meet each client’s individual needs
- Being available to answer questions and deal with any concerns the client may have
- Contacting clients with regular updates so they do not have to wait and worry about their case
- Advising—not dictating—what actions clients should take
- Providing a neutral perspective, enabling clients who are rightfully upset or angry to make smart legal decisions
If you want a law firm that can provide both professionalism and empathy when you need it most, Shulman & Hill can deliver.
We Take Every Case Personally
Our clients know we care, and they are grateful to have found us during such a difficult period in their lives. One former client, Ilya K., remarked, “I am so glad that I chose Alex Shulman to represent me in my worker’s compensation case…. Thank you very much to the entire staff at Shulman & Hill for everything!”
When you look for a lawyer to help you with a work injury case, you do not want one who can take care of the legal side of things and nothing more. You could benefit from a firm like ours that:
- Will take the time to make you comfortable with the legal process
- Understands what a painful time this is for you
- Treats you with dignity and compassion
- Places your well-being and preferences above all else
We Make Legal Services Affordable for Injured Workers
Our attorneys work based on contingency fees, which means you pay nothing upfront to get started with your case. Our goal is to make the legal process as financially manageable for you as possible by:
- Charging nothing for the initial case review
- Working on a no-win, no-fee basis
- Answering any questions you have about legal costs
We have enabled our past clients to recover over $250 million in damages for work injuries, motor vehicle accidents, and premises liability accidents. Every case is different, and we cannot guarantee a certain result. However, we can calculate exactly how much you deserve and pursue that amount with everything we have.
Types of Work Injury Cases We Handle
Our firm is dedicated to supporting workers. We often represent union members and work with:
- healthcare and hospital workers
- construction workers
- industrial and manufacturing workers
- tunnel workers
- public utility workers
The industries above present a wide variety of dangerous situations to workers, and our clients have come to us for help after accidents such as:
- electrocution accidents
- welding accidents
- a fall from an elevated height
- scaffolding accidents
- machinery accidents
- forklift accidents
- crane accidents
- work-related car accidents
- chemical exposure
We also work with the families of fatal workplace accident victims.
Call Our Staten Island Team Today
Know that Shulman & Hill is not afraid to tackle tough cases. Our team is eager to learn more about you and your work injury case.
To get started, call us at 212.221.1000 to book a consultation. A member of our team will explain if and how our Staten Island work injury attorneys can fight for the compensation you deserve. This consultation is free and does not obligate you to accept any other services.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 300 million dollars won
Our History of Success