Queens Utility Worker Injuries Lawyer
Utility workers in Queens keep our electricity, water, and gas running. Without them, a massive metropolis like New York City would grind to a halt. New York City residents and workers rely on these services every day. Unfortunately, those tasked with keeping our city running often sustain injuries that can put them out of work and leave them financially distraught.
If you have been injured in a Queens utility work-related accident, you should contact a Queens utility worker injury lawyer at Shulman & Hill. They can review your case for free to see if you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Common Queens Utility Worker Hazards
Utility workers in Queens put their safety at risk every day. In addition to working with dangerous equipment, they also work in unsafe areas. Some examples of hazards utility workers face on the job include:
- Electrical shocks – Utility workers often work with electrical wiring and power sources. Electrocutions are possible if they come in contact with electricity either directly or through an object that they are holding. This may cause internal organ damage, cardiac arrest, nerve damage, burns, and more. These injuries can be fatal.
- Fall from heights – Working above ground, perhaps on unsecured equipment, poses serious risks. These include working on ladders, poles, cranes, and above-ground power lines. An electrical shock can sometimes lead to a fall from a considerable height.
- Slips and trips – Utility workers may work in backyards, roads, or in tunnels underneath the ground. As utility workers navigate unfamiliar terrain, there are a host of objects beneath them that can lead to a dangerous slip or trip.
- Collapses – Working in confined spaces underground, such as in trenches and tunnels, can be dangerous if the walls above or to the side of you collapse. This includes constructing new tunnels or carrying out maintenance on existing utility lines.
- Fires and explosions – Utility workers who work with gas lines run the risk of being injured in a fire or explosion caused by a gas leak. This can result in severe burns.
- Musculoskeletal injuries – Utility workers may develop soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries through their day-to-day tasks. They may be required to work in awkward postures, use repetitive motions, and carry or move heavy equipment. Specifically, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, or bending overhead with bent wrists can lead to repetitive stress injuries.
- Lack of safety equipment – Workers are not always provided with safety equipment, even though it may be required. Utility workers should have access to gloves, hard hats, protective eyewear, masks, and similar gear when working from heights or with dangerous wiring and chemicals.
Possible Queens Utility Worker Injuries
Hazards that utility workers face have the potential to affect their lives permanently. Depending on the accident, you or a loved one may suffer from the following:
- Bone injury (fractures and broken bones)
- Internal organ damage
- Sensory damage (loss of vision, hearing, etc.)
- Spinal cord injury (can cause paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Serious lacerations
- Cancer and other serious illnesses caused by exposure to dangerous chemicals
Seeking Compensation After A Queens Utility Worker Accident
Utility workers command the utmost respect. That is why Shulman & Hill is honored to work hard on behalf of utility workers in Queens.
If you were injured while working, you likely qualify for workers’ compensation benefits to help cover your medical expenses and lost wages. Our Queens workers’ compensation lawyers can help you file for benefits and overcome any challenges to your claim, including a denied claim.
If a negligent third party, such as a property owner, contractor, or subcontractor, caused your injury, you may be eligible to pursue additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit. This may also result in compensation for pain and suffering.
How Our Utility Worker Injury Law Firm Can Help You
Whatever the circumstances of your case, a utility worker injury attorney at Shulman & Hill will strive to acquire fair compensation on your behalf. We know the intricate details of utility worker injury laws and are confident in our ability to build a strong case. This includes investigating the circumstances of your accident to obtain evidence that shows how you were injured and who may have been responsible.
Our Queens workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers know how to navigate and push through the roadblocks that insurance companies may possibly throw at you. They will represent your best interests during negotiations to ensure you are fairly compensated for the harm you may have suffered. If an insurer refuses to approve your workers’ compensation claim or offer a personal injury settlement that compensates you for the full extent of your injuries, we are prepared to represent you before a workers’ compensation judge or take your personal injury case to trial.
Why Choose Shulman & Hill?
Shulman & Hill is a respected law firm in the area of utility worker injuries, having helped numerous injured workers. Our lawyers fight for our clients to the full extent of the law. No case is too big or too small and no task is too daunting.
Our Queens lawyers are well regarded because we care about the individuals and families we serve. We look at our clients as people and fight tirelessly on their behalf. When you put your trust in us, we make sure to earn that trust. Contact us today online or by calling (555) 555-5555 to schedule a free legal consultation. We will review the details of your case and explain what your legal rights may be.
WE WORK WITH YOU
TO GET YOU COMPENSATED
Everyday working people often struggle to afford top-tier legal representation. To ensure equal access to justice, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay no attorneys’ fees unless we achieve a settlement or verdict in your case.
More practice areas
Over 400 million dollars won